── SECRETS

Monday, February 14, 1966 (Six weeks pregnant)

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

   VALENTINE'S DAY A silly holiday that involved lovey-dovey gestures towards your partner which I happened not to have despite the fact I was pregnant with twins which I hadn't told anyone yet including my sister. Anyway, I had to return to school on this dumb holiday and watch people receive gifts from their boyfriends or the couple who decides that the hallway is an area to make out. I don't know if it was my hormones but I was absolutely moody today and probably would be for the remainder of it.

I was in my bedroom with only my undergarments staring at my stomach from the side in the mirror. It wasn't big but there was a slight bump. I knew that my stomach would become enormous especially with twins, and I wasn't prepared for it at all. I chose to wear a red turtleneck shirt, a red and green plaid skirt, black go-go boots, and a black handbag. This outfit didn't seem to show my bump which made me feel less nervous about whether or not it was apparent. I didn't want Cherry, Marcia, and overall just anyone to notice. As I placed a black ribbon into my hair as Hazel walks in crossing her arms at the doorway of my bedroom.

"What is it?" I asked making it clear I was annoyed by her standing there and eyeing me.

"Oh, come on Rose I know you and I can tell that you're hiding something." She quietly said yanking at her brown long hair.

"It's nothing serious, Hazel. Now we should go before we wake up dad and end up late to school" I brushed past her shoulder and made my way downstairs snatching an apple and my keys. Even then Hazel stayed standing at the top of stairs not budging to come down.

"I thought we weren't going to keep secrets from each other anymore?" She rolled her eyes recognizing that I was not going to admit what I was keeping to myself and made her way outside to my car. I really wanted to tell her believe me but it's much harder then it seems. I brushed my feelings of guiltiness and stepped out into my car and made our way to school in complete silence only the sound of the rain pouring down on the car. Once we arrived she walked out slamming my door mumbling curse words under her breath. I shrugged it off and prepared myself to speak to Cherry and Marcia. Cherry was the first to see me and then Marcia glimpsed at me and looked away. Again she didn't like me and was probably more than pleased when I hadn't come to school this prior couple of days.

"Rose!" I faked my smile and extended my arms out to hug her. She was squealing and jumping which to me was a tad bit dramatic. I wasn't that special.

"I've missed you so much! Where have you been?" she inquired placing a strand of her red hair behind her ear. Marcia had now made her way to us, and I stood there awkwardly attempting to make up a quick explanation on my long break from school.

"Just some personal family issues." Cherry raised an eyebrow up not looking too convinced. Marcia snickered and went back to staring down at her feet. I ignored Marcia and grinned expecting Cherry would believe it.

"Can you give us a moment Marcia?" Cherry kindly asked Marcia who appeared dumbfounded but listened to Cherry and walked away to some random boy.

"Well, I know you're lying so spit it out, Rose." I tried to play it off by giving her an odd facial expression which to no avail satisfied her.

"I'm fine Cherry I really am. What about you Cherry how's Bob?" she continued to look confused and stood there with her book in her hands. I didn't understand why she wouldn't just let it go.

"Oh please Rose you're acting awfully strange! First, you're sick all of a sudden then you end up missing a great deal amount of school and you say it's only family issues?" She exclaimed visibly irritated. Now she was bugging me, and I wished the bell would somehow save me. She kept yapping and yapping which made me furious that's when I snapped.

"OH GOSH CHERRY WILL YOU LEAVE ME ALONE?!" I shouted angrily which had people glancing at both Cherry and me. Cherry was surprised and stepped back as I ran past her to my car and began to drive out of there. I had embarrassed myself there was no way I was able of going back there at least for today. Without thinking I had driven to the Curtis home. I knew Soda, Steve, and Darry were all gone by now to work but I parked there and with my hands still gripped on the wheel I had laid my head on the wheel breathing heavily. I was stressed which was not good for the babies. I couldn't believe that every action I did now I had to think about the lives inside me. It amazes me that no matter what I always think about them. I proceeded to lay my head there blasting my favorite tunes when a knock on my window made me nearly bang my head onto the wheel. I turned to see who had almost caused me to knock out to see Dally.

"What the hell Dallas?! You scared the living hell outta me." he rested his hands on the glass of my window and chuckled. I was already mad about what had occurred earlier I didn't need the person who I had tried to avoid bother me even further.

"Don't call me Dallas. You never call me that." he muttered offering me a cancer stick. Was he serious? I sarcastically laughed before giving him the finger and beginning to roll up my window.

"Fuck off Dal." I was angry he behaved as if this was all a game.

"Oh, come on open the damn window," he urged."How about you stop denying that these lives inside me are yours," I yelled out which made his face transition. I had now realized that I had said "lives". Please tell me he didn't catch on to that.

"Lives?" He whispered as I had now rolled the window back up. I bit my lip and looked at him and nodded my head. He was the first person I had admitted to that I was having twins and for some reason, it didn't feel that terrifying to do so.

"Look, Rose we both know that we're too young for this parenting thing. I'm 17 and you're like 16 do you think we're stable to watch over two kids?" he explained as he lit up a cancer stick but then blew it out as I had given him a stern look.

"Dal you talk so much about how this baby isn't yours but then do this," I said he paused but then continued.

"If there's a small chance that those kids are mine then I think I should have some kind of say on what happens. What about uh adoption we can get rid of them easily and go back to normal. How's that sound?" I felt disgusted watching him say this with so much ease. It's like he didn't even care. My eyes were filled with tears and I shook my head.

"Dal, I don't know. I already feel connected and it just seems you've made it obvious if I keep them you're gonna leave so why does it matter to you anyways." I wiped away my tears I hated crying in front of boys particularly him because I felt weak and ridiculous.

"Rose."

"You know what Dal it's fine. I don't want to hear it just shut your trap and go on with your life. I know you love the lifestyle of partying and lifting from local grocery stores so I ain't gonna ruin that for you but just remember that you're abandoning two kids." I dug through my purse and pulled out one of the pictures I had attained at the clinic after the ultrasound. I tossed at him not wanting to hear him say anymore and drove off. In my rearview mirror, I saw him pick up the picture and stare at it. I hoped he realized that the image of the hardly visible twins would show him that these were his babies and that he would be leaving them. I truly do hope so.