Chapter XIII: Snap out of it!

*flash back before the trials*

Master's POV

I was in my office clarfying anything else for the trials tommorow when someone knocked at the door.

"Come in." I said to the person behind the door.

Y/n came in and closed the door behind her.

"What is it my child?." I asked her curious.

"Master...about the trials." She looked at me seriously, a look I've only seen on her when something's utterly wrong.

"What about it?" I asked her now serious.

"I need a request sir....when the trials are happening I wish to not participate on the trials instead let me roam in the island." She stated nervously.

"Why is that?" Master asked me.

"It's just....I feel like something is about to happen and I mean a really terrifying things are about to happen in the island." She said to me looking down.

"Hmmmm...alright child I won't question any of it as long as it's for the guild's safety." I said to her nodding.

She nodded at me but didn't leave right away it looks as if she was contemplating about something.

"Is there anything else you want to tell me child?" I asked her while standing up and going in front of her.

She looked at me a look of fear etched on her features.

"Y-yes...alot actually." She said trembling.

I've never seen her like this and that scared me.

"Master....I've found out what my past consisted of." She looked at directly in the eyes.

"Alright... explain child." I said encouraging her to speak.

"Just promise me something Gramps...that you won't tell anyone about this not even the guild...I just fear that they'll be scared of me..." She asked voice trembling.

'Scared of her?'

"I promise child my mouth is sealed." I said to her reassuringly.

"Ok...h-here it goes." She said nervously.

*Time skip after the explanation*

I was shocked quit frankly more concerned of the discovery not for myself or the guild but for her.

Y/n....has gone through so much and is still facing so much more.

'why did it have to be one of my children who is facing such awful things' I thought while clenching my fist.

"M-master?" She asked me concern lacing her voice.

"Y/n....you don't need to worry... because I will do anything in my power to save you and help you from this awful things your facing and I'm keeping my word." I said while hugging her.

Y/n grew on me after the first few weeks laxus took her here in the guild she is practically considered as my grandchild besides laxus who sees her like a sister.

And I will do anything in my power to protect my children.

She kneeled in front of me and hugged me back while sobbing uncontrollably.

' I promise...'

*Flashback end*

Y/n's POV