Noah should know how I feel, even if it's a little bit. We're connected. I can feel his unease and sorrow.

Fucking hell, what can I do?

Few pack members pass me as I walk towards the steps, all giving me a quiet glare. My chest lifts as I take in a deep breath.

I knew it. They hate me.

Reaching the stairs, I take a step up and suddenly, arms wrap around me.

Noah?

"He had you coped up in my office so long, I thought something might have happened." Alyssa pulls back, beaming at me.

"Alyssa, I- Didn't you hear about the invaders? About who I am?" I ask her. She grins, shaking her head at me, scoffing.

"You know what I thought when I first saw you? That you were pitiful, skinny, and too beaten up to even move. I know you aren't anything like those killers. It's not your fault and as wolves, we shouldn't tie ourselves to closely to families that don't reflect who we are." She rubs my shoulder, sending me a warm smile. Moisture fills my eyes as I grab her hand.

"Thank you and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I whisper, tightening my hold on her as she chuckles.

"No, no. Like I said, don't blame yourself. The others will understand soon enough, just give them some time and then explain." She puts her other hand over mine. I nod.

She's been here for me since the first day I opened my eyes in this territory. I don't know how I would feel if she had given me a cold shoulder.

But maybe, she's right. Maybe, I can reason with them. Maybe, we can talk. I can apologize and everything will be fine. I might've given up on myself so early on, I didn't even consider that I might still fit in, or even have someone other than Noah on my side.

"I'll see at breakfast, ok?" She says, bringing me in for one more hug. I nod.

"Yeah, see you then." She smiles and waves as she continues back down the path I came from.

My body trembles as I make my way upstairs and into my old room, hurrying to the bathroom. I pull out my hair products and etc, getting to work.

If they are willing to forgive me, then I can stay. I can still have a home here. I can stay with Noah.

I can stay here with Noah.

My heart pounds faster and harder in my chest as I finish tossing conditioner and shea butter into my hair and leave my room. I jog down the stairs and back to the hallway leading to Alyssa's office. I bump into Noah halfway down.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" He asks, smirking at me as he stops me in his arms. I genuinely smile up at him.

"Let's go eat." I say, grabbing his hand, walking forward, only glancing back to see the grin on his face.

We near the dining room as the usual chatting carries through the neighboring rooms.

"...and she's got our Alpha wrapped around her finger. What if it's some spell?"

"I don't know what I'll do if I see that bitch."

"How can we keep someone of that pack around? What the fuck?"

The talking turns to silence as Noah and I take our first steps into the room.

I guess, I was wishing for too much. I shouldn't have gotten so excited.

My hand slips out of Noah's grip as I loosen mine.

He shouldn't be around me now. Not in front of them.

"Does anyone have something they want to say?" He growls, catching my hand and holding it tight.

He shouldn't be like this to his pack. It hurts him more than he's letting on. I'm not worth all of this.

"You guys don't know her enough to say a fucking word about Eliana. I'll rip out the next tongu-"

"Noah-!" I start, but a deeper voice collides with mine.

"Noah, I suggest you have a seat. We can talk then, instead of yelling." A voice says from behind us. My eyes meet a glare as I turn and see Noah's mother and father, looming at the entrance.

Maybe, they really won't forgive me.
____________________________________
45.8k ~ 7/26/20

Thanks for all the support! This book is going up so fast I'm so thankful.

Next update is three days

XO.