chapter 34

Noah POV

Eliana cuts into the steak, ripping the piece of flesh off, dipping it in steak sauce and devouring it.

I love to see her eat. It feels right. Maybe it's just my instincts talking, but I feel even better when I get her the food.

I nimble on a piece of pasta as she smiles up at me.

"I used to make steaks all the time for my old pack. It was like a once a week thing for them and it was the one food they didn't even let me sneak a piece for." She says, her cheeks full of meat. I nod.

They sucked.

"But now looking back, I'm thankful for that." She swallows down her mouth full as I arch an eyebrow at her.

"Why?" I ask, she nods and goes in for another bite.

"I don't think I would've appreciated the taste of this if I had had it before. My wolf wants to eat it in her form so we have to save some." I mind-link Dave to make some more so we can take as much as she wants back.

"Sure." I smile, staring at her some more.

This is where all my decisions in life have led me, and I can't say I'm not satisfied.

"You're a weirdo." Eliana states, blinking at me.

Me?

"How?" I ask her.

"You always stare at me when I eat." She chuckles, sending me a mischievous grin.

She's playing with me.

"So I can't stare at you?" I send her a grin as well. She scoffs.

"I didn't say that either."

And she's trying to be cute.

I smirk.

"I'm glad I got out of that stuffy house, as much as I love your home, I never knew a place so boundless existed. Humans live too freely." Eliana glances around the room.

"They have their own problems." I shrug. She nods.

"Still, we have to come here a lot more. I love the lights here." Her eyes dazzle.

We'll definitely be coming here more.

I'm happy, she's happy.

Eliana POV

That steak hit all of the right spots.

"Where are we going now?" I ask, looking over to Noah. He starts the car and chuckles.

"You don't want to go home yet?" He asks.

When would I get this chance again? I have to learn how to drive.

"No, let's look around some more." I turn towards the window, as we pull out of the parking lot.

"I have the perfect place." Noah whispers, as he turns off into the street, joining the cars in traffic.

If I hadn't met him, where would I be now? Still in that basement, listening to orders from Liam? Or on the streets after running away with no plan?

I don't know, but Noah gave me a place to belong, when I thought I would never find one.

I sit back in my seat as the city lights fade behind us and we drive up a slight hill.

Moonlight shines in through the glass, as the air around us hums from the electricity of it all. The moon is our guide, she is our Goddess.

Noah stares into the road ahead, his curly brown hair falling on his forehead as it bounces with the movement of the car.

Why is he so cute?

The thought of the city background fades from my mind as we reach the top of the hill and big field in revealed.

"You're taking me to a park?" I ask as Noah smirks at me.

"Yeah, hold on. You'll see." He drives further down a path, stopping at a cliff. The city lights from before shine below like a sea of stars. It's beautiful.

"Woah." I say, sitting up in my seat and leaning in against the storage box in front of me.

Green, red, yellow, white, blue, every color shines through the darkness of night, reflecting into my eyes. It's like I'm looking down at all the stars in the night.

"You like it?" Noah asks.  I turn back towards him, unable to hold back the smile on my face.

"I love it. You always tend to show me the brighter side of things. This is crazy." I say, throwing myself back into my seat behind me.

"I thought you would want to see this. You were beaming seeing the lights from below. Up here is where it's at." I chuckle. As he shakes his head.

"My family used to come up here all the time. With my little sister too. Since she died, my parents locked us up in isolation and kept up away from everyone. They ran away from everything and told me to move on when i could see they were suffering too." Noah's hands clench at his sides.

They were probably trying to appear strong to him.

"Your parents wanted you to forgive yourself. What they didn't realize, was that they were going way too fast. They love you and they didn't want to see you so hurt." I say, laying my hand down on his. He looks towards me.

"It's hard to think that. They blamed themselves when it was completely my fault and my mother used to run far out into the forest and cry. Just so I wouldn't hear her but I knew what she was doing. She would come back with wet, red eyes and sit beside me at night. I couldn't sleep when she did." He takes a deep breath and I tighten my hold on his hand.

"I'm sorry, Noah." I whisper, looking back out at the lights.

"For what?' He breathes.

"If I had known you then, I couldn't been there for you. I know it's something stupid to say but I wish I had come in your life before the time I did." Fireflies float in front of the car adding to the picture.

"Same here." I scoff.

What good comes from wishing? Regrets and disappoint does.

I thought I had learned to stop wishing a long time ago, but with Noah everything feels possible again. I can do what I want. Even uselessly wishing for a taste of this earlier in my life.

"My parents would love you. If they ever came out of their hut." He turns towards me as I turn towards him.

"I can't wait to meet them." I smile at him as his frown fades away and he grabs hold of my hand on top of his. His warmth seeps through my skin as tingles travel up and down my body.

It's wrong how right this feels.

"Eliana?" My eyebrows furrow as he leans into my side. I lean in as well.

"What?" I ask, as he waits inches from my face. The tips of his ears turn red as usual.

Why can't I get over how cu-

"I love you."
____________________________________
17k - 6/20/20

Sorry I was late updating!

XO.