chapter 30

Eliana POV

"Are you scared about the training you have to do with Robert?" He asks, facing me as we lay beside each other.

Events from this morning flash through my mind.

I almost forgot about that. I wish I almost forgot about it.

"Yeah, I am, but I'm willing to do it." I say, as he tightens his hold on my hand.

"If it gets to be too much, tell me. I don't know what I'll do, but it'll help." We laugh as pulls me in again with his other arm on my waist.

I'm really going to get way too used to this.

"I didn't know you wanted me just as bad as I wanted you." He says and I try not to cringe at the statement.

This is why I held back. My heart won't be able to take all this.

"I'm still scared to get too comfortable with you. Who knows what kind of weirdo you are." I smirk, as he chuckles.

"You can find out right now if you want to. Earlier was just a warm up for me." We laugh again as I slap him lightly against his arm.

I wish I could but I might lose it.

"It's not like I don't want to, but with my condition, or blessing, extreme emotions could set me off, and I don't know what that means yet." I sigh as Noah nods.

I've been thinking about my blessing since I got in this room and whether being around him is as simple as it could've been without this curse.

I might just even up turning Noah into a puppet and telling him what to do, if we ever go too far. I mean to know how to control my feelings so I don't regret anything. I don't want to lose him.

"So no one at your old pack ever told you about your parents?" Noah asks, I shake my head.

"I don't remember them either. I just know they're dead." I shrug.

When you don't know a person, everything about them isn't that important to you. I don't even feel sad when I think of their deaths. If they were apart of the pack I was born into, does that mean they were just like them?

"You sounds like you don't care much about them." He says. I nod.

"It's hard to care about people you know nothing about. My old pack was bad enough, I couldn't let myself worry about something that I couldn't control." Noah stares at me hard. He pushes my head against his chest and I snuggle into his hold. His heart beats quick but steady.

"I'm sorry I couldn't find you faster. I wish I could've met you before any of this could hurt you." He says as his deep voice rumbles against my cheek. I smile.

"Stop being so sappy. You showed up at the perfect time." Liam's attempt to violate me goes through my head as shivers run up and down my back and his phantom touch itches on my thigh. I swallow.

"What's wrong?" Noah bends down, watching at me as I push against his chest and look at him.

I think I can tell him now. I just need this off my chest. I want him to know.

I take a deep breath and sigh. Noah arches a eyebrow at me, seeming confused.

"Liam had always been really nice to me, until his dad told him to stop. But then the stares began, and the small touches. He had a mate but I think he considered me his toy. He told me he did." Noah's eyes widen as he lets go of my hand and flexes his fingers, sitting up.

"What are you saying, Eliana?" He clenches his jaw and hands as I sit up next to him.

He shared his burdens with me and I want to share mine with him. I want everything we are, to be intertwined. The good and the bad.

My hands begin to tremble.

"You had just left and it was the morning of the next day and Liam showed up to my room and took me upstairs and he... he tried to-" I stop, trying to hold back the emotions I felt that day from bubbling up. Noah wraps his arms around my shoulders. His body trembles as well.

"You don't have to finish." Noah whispers against my ear and tears spring up to my eyes.

"You gave me a home to run away to. My blessing stopped him and I left the second I could." They fall down my cheeks as Noah's arms and hug capture me and my sobs.

"I knew I never should've left you there. I'm sorry, Eliana." Noah says, pulling back to look at me. He breathes heavily and a vein on the side of his neck pokes out.

"I'll never let him touch you ever again. You won't ever have to see that face again. I won't let him or his pack ever hurt you again. I'm here for Eliana, just as you promised to be with me." He brings me back to his chest.

Thats enough, that's all Noah has to do.

Be there for me.

Noah POV

I'm fuming.

Eliana lays asleep in my arms as I try to calm my instinct to go and find Liam so I can rip him to shreds. I just want want to see him suffer a little bit. Enough so he never moves again.

I knew I should've took her and ran.

That's what that doll was about. Eliana. He considers my mate, his fucking doll?!

I'll kill him.

And he wants her back? After everything him and his pack did to her, they want her to come back and be their slave again? Right? Why else would they need her?

They know she's my mate and they aren't as strong as my pack so why are they so persistent? They know they'll lose to us.

Just what the fuck is going on?

Why was he even thinking about Eliana, when he has a mate? No female has ever looked, the way my mate looks to me. No one can compare, and somehow he just goes ahead and tries to-

I take a deep breath as Eliana moans in my arms, shifting to press into me more. Sighing, I stare down at her.

How do I contain myself now that you've told me what exactly you were running from?

What can I do to calm this rage inside me, Eliana?

How do I heal the trauma that's made you who you are today?
____________________________________
13.6k ~ 6/11/20

Sorry late again.

Next upload on the 13th.

Love y'all.

XO.