Ch. 22 - Double Date

Start from the beginning

When you'd found time to ask about it, Yoongi had confirmed that the addition about dancing was not supposed to be directed at you. It was a note for himself that he'd absently scribbled on there and given to Sun.

"Well, let's get going. Reservation won't hold forever."

Everyone got up and walked out to the car. Jin was still driving despite the occasion. You and Ailee climbed in the back. Yoongi came around to your side, but only to shut the door behind you. Within a few minutes, he was up front with Jin.

Your best friend made a face. "Is he having an off day?"

"Yeah. He's been working really hard lately."

"Harder than you?" she teased.

"No one works that hard."

"Yoongi, what are you doing?" Jin asked as his friend put on his seatbelt. "You know I'm supposed to drive you."

"Well, you're in the driver's seat aren't you?"

Jin glanced at him for a moment before shifting the car into gear. He wasn't stupid; he could feel weird tension coming off the two of you when Yoongi came in the room earlier. But whatever problems you were having was none of his business. He was here for food and not drama.

But that would quickly become his downfall. 

It was obvious to your friends that something was going on between you and Yoongi. You'd hardly looked at one another while you sat there and waited for your meal.

"So Yoongi, how's work going with you?"

"Fine."

Amy smiled. "Come on. (Y/N) gives me all the boring details already, it'd be nice to hear it from your perspective."

"The clients are whiny, the employees don't listen to me, and I constantly feel like I'm in over my head. That enough perspective for you?"

"Yoongi," you hissed. "Sorry, he's had a tough week."

Jin cleared his throat.

Amy shrugged. "It's okay. This is nice, though. Maybe we could all get lunch together one day. Then I can meet your new receptionist too."

"Sun? That would be nice. You two would get along great." 

"I'm busy," Yoongi grumbled.

"You don't even know what day--"

"Doesn't matter. I'll be busy."

A few seconds of silence passed.

"Could you excuse us for a minute?" Jin asked. Before Yoongi could even respond, Jin had grabbed his arm and pulled him from his seat. He dragged him toward the restrooms where they could talk in private.

"I don't know how you do it," Amy sighed as she took another sip of her drink.

"He doesn't always act like that."

"Okay. But this whole teenagers thing isn't the norm, either?"

"Teenagers?" you repeated.

"You're obviously avoiding each other. You've barely made eye contact since we got here. You won't talk directly to the other. You're not acting like you're married. You're acting like teenagers on their first date or something."

You rolled your eyes. "What were you expecting? His arm around me 24/7? Hand holding? Us playing footsie under the table?"

"A compliment would be a good place to start. But since he won't even look at you..."