Safwa placed the last book on the shelf and took a step back to see her work. After coming back from the market she had spent the whole evening holed up in her room. This Sunday she had dedicated to her shelf which was calling out to her for this attention for a while now. It was a productive day. Safwa not only gotten her books sorted which she was stalling for so long but had few of these rebind as well.

She picked up the poetry volume with new covering and ran a finger on its spine with a forlorn look on her face. Her mind had gone back to the evening when she had run into Izaan Shoaib and had met his grandfather as well.

She wasn't used to the company of elders given the fact that she had no elderly person around her but there was a warmth about Izaan's grandfather which made it so easy to converse with him. His aura was different from Izaan's and this made Safwa think was his whole family like this? So welcoming? She had a long discussion with Kamran Ansari about the books he had bought and Safwa knew that she'd love to meet this old man once again because it takes a bookaholic to recognize the other and Kamran Ansari aka Abba was pretty proficient in the art of books. It was almost an honor that he appreciated her taste and even invited her to the library in his room to show her his collection. Safwa smiled with her heart into it. How many times in life do you meet people who are so genuine? She was looking forward to having another discussion session with Abba.

As she pulled her earphones in and scrolled down through her playlist, her finger lingered on a certain song.

Sar kiye ye pahar-Strings

The song was on repeat for her these days. Reason was unknown to her as well. Strings was her favourite band but there was something more than that about this song. As she dropped herself on her bed her mind was at ease. And there was warmth. And something was blooming. Slowly marking its territory.

In the other corner of the city, Izaan closed his heavy notes and leaned into his chair. After coming back from Hesham's all he wanted to do was falling face down on his bed and wake up only with the next morning alarm but when you're a medical student, you don't get every wish of yours fulfilled. He had to prepare for an important test which was scheduled tomorrow.

As he put his things back into his bag his eyes fell on the news books Abba had gotten for him on Safwa's suggestion. Izaan was the only one among his brothers who had an liking for reading. He wasn't an ardent reader like Abba, or Safwa though.

Safwa.

He smiled remembering the way her face had lit up talking to Abba. Their share interest had made them immediate friends. Izaan even told Sarim and Hesham about this new development. Hesham had asked him to start letting Safwa picking books for Abba because she was a natural at it.

Izaan skimmed through the pages. He wasn't that into poetry but he wanted to give this book his time. There was no reason. Or maybe the reason wasn't known to him.

As he pushed his bag to its designated place in the corner, the Ahmed Faraz poetry was already inside, a stark contrast from his medical books.

_______

Elaf adjusted her bag on her shoulder and knocked at the wooden door. On finding the cue she entered inside. Professor Kaleem looked up from his file and gave her a welcoming nod.

"Elaf! I was waiting for you only."

"Good morning, sir."