Chapter 37: Revenge

I stay standing there with a bored look on my face. "Why aren't you freaking out?" Edward scoffs.

"Listen man, you just saw me turn a guy's brain to jelly, and you think learning that Chris killed someone is a big deal?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"He killed his uncle. His blood." He snarls.

"If you want a reaction, you have to give me the facts. The whole story. I don't pass judgement based on a fraction of what happened, and that's not counting the fact that you're biased." I state plainly.

"Fine, you want the whole story? I'll tell you the whole story."

I nodded, signaling for him to continue.

"It was dark in the castle that night, the flames in the floor were dim, signifying midnight. The boy was cuddled in his large bed, scared. But he didn't know why.

"He stayed like that for a while, until he decided to get up to try to find his father.

"His strong father. He was always the most powerful of the brothers, even if he was the youngest. He had multiple powers, though nothing compared to his eldest brother.

"He was able to teleport and turn invisible. As well as use fire. The teenage boy smiled at the memory of his father creating small figures dancing and laughing with each other using his magic."

Is he seriously talking about himself in the third person? I have to resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"He went looking through the palace, ignoring the screams from the distant rooms.

"He learned to deal with it. With the death. His father taught him how, taught him how to kill.

"Every time he would look into a room, he would see one of his father's closest friends killing one of his cousins.

"The 15-year-old boy gently closed the door behind him, ignoring the sounds of his family members crying.

"Remembering that each death was a step closer for his father to sit on the throne.

"Finally, he reached his youngest cousin's room, the cousin whom he hated yet loved the most.

"They were close in age, the boy being only one year younger.

"He heard the screams before he felt the vibrations in the floor.

"He climbed up the stairs and opened the giant doors to his cousin's room, only to find his father's lifeless body at the foot of the bed and his cousin's cold face staring back at him." Edward's voice seems to soften at the end. If he were anyone else, I would comfort him, seeing as he's recalling his father's death.

But then I remember how he let his father's goons kill his cousins and I feel my rage threaten to burn him alive.

"He killed your father in self-defence." I state coolly.

"He still killed his uncle." He growls.

If this idiot thought that I would feel bad for him, then he's wrong.

"Your uncle killed all of his nieces and nephews. Not to mention his brothers and sisters, Christopher defended himself."

"He didn't kill his siblings, my mother did, and when she got to your father-in-law, she died." His voice is barely a whisper.

"How did he die?" I ask ignoring the comment about his mother.

"Christopher boiled his blood."

It all makes sense now. Why Christopher left, how Edward's father died during an attack on the palace that was apparently targeting Christopher.

Christopher and who knows how many others.