Chapter 23: Fake tears

He fell for it? Christopher asks, he's most likely watching the whole lie unravel through my eyes.

On my way to our room, I chose to pass by Edward's quarters and sob loud enough for him to hear me, but low enough to make it seem like it was real. I walked swiftly across the corridor in front of his room until I heard footsteps inside heading for the door. I then proceeded to covering my mouth with my hand as I let a tiny tear fall while I jogged to our room. He followed me the whole way back and fell right into my trap.

Yes. I growl. The tears may have been fake, put the pain wasn't. I felt betrayed, even if it was all an act that we had agreed on beforehand. We had planned every single word and movement. From him slamming the table to him yanking me and making me fall. I told him to give me a visible wound to make it more believable, I told him exactly how and where to inflict it. Then why do I feel hurt?

Good. You know what to do now, right?

Yes, make him think I hate you with all that I am and that I want to eat lunch with him instead, what he won't know is that I'll be feeding him lies for lunch. I smirk as I hear him knock on my closet's door.

I'm at Tristan's at the moment, Trist is asleep, so he won't notice anything, therefore I can blank out in peace while I watch you manipulate my cousin. But make no mistake if he tries to hurt you, I'll teleport there and kill him myself.

Yes, I know. I roll my eyes.

"Leave me alone!" I scream, my voice croaked as I bury my head in my arms.

"Amelie, I'm here to help you. I heard you crying I just want to know what's wrong." He says softly. It's a shame, if he wasn't trying to kill Chris and I, we could've been friends, we would've made great improv buddies.

"I'm fine." I say sadly, finishing off with a sniff.

Is amazing acting a gift? Cause if so, I have it. I say sheepishly through the bond, I hear Chris snort.

No, it isn't, now continue, my dear evil mastermind.

"You're not fine, please let me in." I hear the concern in his voice. He's a good actor. I don't answer. "I'll bash this door down myself if you don't open up."

"Okay! Okay! Wait!" I say my voice unsteady.

I get up and grab the door handle. I unlock it halfway, "I can't! He'll get mad at me!" I sob as I let go of the lock.

"Who's going to get mad at you? Christopher?" He says seriously.

"Yes." I sob as I unlock the door and throw myself into his arms. He's startled at first but reacts instantly as he wraps his arms around my waist. The touch burns me, in a bad way.

One wrong move, and he's dead. I hear Christopher growl.

Shut up.

Edward pushes me away after a few moments and examines me, he grabs my wound unknowingly and I flinch from the pain. You see, perfect placement.

Yes, you're smart, we get it. I can feel him roll his eyes.

"Why are you flinching? Did I hurt you?" No, but you want to. I don't say that aloud though. I look at my wrist as tears swell in my eyes, he follows my gaze and lets go as he grabs my hand gently and examines the wound. He furrows his eyebrows as he lightly touches my wound, he then puts pressure and I whimper.

He's checking to see if it's real. Chris states and I can hear a low growl come out of him shortly afterwards.

That's why I told you not to hold back.