〚01〛

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER ONE
ᴍʏsᴛᴇʀʏ ᴍᴀɴ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER ONE• ᴍʏsᴛᴇʀʏ ᴍᴀɴ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

2 months ago

With a swoop of your hand, you take a glass of champagne from the caterer's tray as he walks past you. You down your third glass of the bubbly drink that night and walk over to the bar. Drinking was the only way you were going to survive this boring annual company gala.

"What can I get for you, ma'am?"

"Dry Martini, please. Stirred, not shaken."

The bartender nods and walks over to the shelf, starting on your order. As he strolls over with your drink, you grab your purse, going to take out some money. Before you get the chance, a young man around his early twenties beats you to it.

"Keep the change." He says, stuffing the fifty-dollar bill into the bartender's shirt pocket.

He's elegant and absolutely dazzling standing there beside you. There's a brazen grin on his face when he turns to you, his glorious body leaning on the bar counter. A glass of champagne is clasped delicately in his right hand and his black hair with blonde tips looks impossibly soft.

"You didn't have to do that."

"Of course I did. What other excuse would I have used to come over and talk to you?"

You scoff out a chuckle at his flirting and grab the small plastic sword sticking out of the drink with your left hand. You take an olive into your mouth then set the pick back into the glass. As you do so, the guy catches a glimpse of your engagement and wedding ring. Now he's the one to scoff out a chuckle.

"You're married."

You turn to him, smiling fakely, "Happily."

"That's unfortunate."

"For you or for me?"

The guy smirks, "For the both of us."

"Right," You raise the martini glass at him. "Thanks for the drink."

As you walk away, you feel the mystery man's intense gaze following you. His tongue presses against the inside of his left cheek and he sets his glass down on the bar counter, leaving to go follow you.

You saunter up the swirled stairs, your hand gliding over the top of the wooden railing. You look down at the foyer and spot the man eyeing you carefully. You raise an eyebrow at him then look away, continuing up the stairs.

With a smirk lingering on his lips, he looks around at the guests, making sure no one sees him follow you. He takes his time going up the stairs and once at the top, he sees you enter a room. He follows you inside and shuts the door, locking it.