What if Astra is blowing somewhere else up right now?

How will we get the sword back from her?

'Kyle?'

I sit up and look at Rogelio, who's observing me with a worried frown. I smile and his frown slowly starts to fade. Lonnie has gone back to eating so I take one of his hands and kiss it like I did yesterday, sending tingles throughout my lips. He smiles at me and does the same thing to my hand.

"Alright you two we get it."

Lonnie says jokingly, punching me in the arm. I glare at her for what feels like the hundredth time today and am relieved when Bow calls across the table to us.

"Okay, so we were thinking... since Kyle can still use magic in the ship that must mean that She-Ra can, too."

He says. Lonnie shakes her head.

"But isn't her sword-"

"Her sword is still in there, yeah. So the problem must be that whatever restraints the sword is in is stopping Adora from conjuring it again."

I nod and glance over at Adora. I don't think I'll ever look at her the same way again. The only way I looked at her before was a friend, an old teammate from some of the worst years of my life, but now? She's literally my family, and it's strange.

She catches my gaze and smiles, forcing me to look away again.

"While you guys were gone to Razz yesterday, Bow and I went back to Entrapta's. She gave us all the information we need to get Astra out of here."

Glimmer says, smiling at all of us. We nod for her to continue, so she does.

"The ship has a cockpit, of course, at the furthest point from the entrance. In there-"

She clicks a button in the table and a pink holographic plan of the ship pops up, making us all jump.

"There's an override key. Since the ship is a first one's, all we need to do is stick either She-Ra or He-Man's sword in it, and the ship will go wherever you tell it to."

Sweat starts to form in beads on my forehead again.

"But if we tell it to go... won't we go with it? And what if Astra leaves herself while we're in there?"

Catra nods at my questions, agreeing with me for once. Bow sighs and and does something with the hologram so that it now shows us a long corridor.

"It'll be hard, but once you tell it to leave you'll have a minute to get out of there."

My chest feels heavy again.

"So we have to go in there, get She-Ra's sword, distract Astra, override the ship, and then escape?"

I ask. My voice is hopeful, hopeful that it's not going to be that difficult, but unfortunately Glimmer nods.

"We're sorry, Kyle, but being He-Man... well it's like She-Ra. There's a lot of responsibility."

I nod and fall back into the chair, my brain losing a fight to a hazy memory that comes to the front of my mind, drowning out the voices of discussion around me.

-

"Cadet Kyle. You are no longer permitted to run errands with Rogelio."

Shadow Weaver said. Her voice was drawn out at the end of her sentence and she spoke with her usual sing-song accent, only making everything worse.

Lonnie and Rogelio stood at each side of me but I felt alone, singled out. Shadow Weaver's eyes, or at least the eyes in her mask, got thinner and more slit-like as she waited for me to say something.

"Do you understand?"

I nodded and Lonnie glanced at me with pain in her eyes. Rogelio was staring at the floor feeling guilty, but what was there to be guilty for? All he did was hold my hand, and it was only for a couple of seconds before she found us.

"Sorry Shadow Weaver."

I mumbled. She waved her hand for Lonnie to leave and looked at Rogelio and I with what came off as disappointment, but was probably seething rage. She reached out and tapped the horde emblem on my uniform, making me feel squirmish.

"There's a lot of responsibility that comes with being a soldier, cadets. If you allow yourselves to be distracted like Catra and Adora..."

We glanced at each other but she snapped her fingers to get us to focus on her.

"We'll have to dispose of you."

-

'Do you understand?'

Her cold voice plays on repeat in my head and threatens to make me mad. Understanding. There's so much to understand, too much to understand. My mind races as I overthink, coming up with all of the horrible things that could go wrong with this 'mission'.

I want to be home again. I don't want to be He-Man, and I don't want to feel like a burden in Bright Moon anymore.

But I have no choice.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Sorry if this is a little messy! It's hard to come up with ideas and plans lol.

-Rose 🌞