cheesecake

Jin: Eight
Yoongi and Hoseok: Six
Namjoon: Five
Jimin and Taehyung: Four
Jungkook: Three

><

"Jungkook." Jin shook his younger brother away, standing far enough away so he wasn't punched. Jungkook says it's what he does when he wakes up, but Jin thinks he does it on purpose. "Wake up."

"No." Was all the shirtless Jungkook said, rolling over. Jin grabbed Jungkook by his ear and pulled him up.

"Yes." Jin hissed, Jungkook punching his stomach. "It's Misun's birthday!" Jungkook stopped himself from laying back down.

"How gross is she? 50?" Jungkook rubbed his eyes, a yawn escaping his lips.

"No, and it's not gross, it's old." Jin corrected, for he was quite smart for being in school. Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Yoongi?" Jimin asked, sitting on the counter while Yoongi pulled out the milk from the fridge.

"Yes, Jimin?" Yoongi sat the milk next to the cake mix, misreading the directions that called for water, not milk.

"Why don't we call Misun, Mom?" Jimin looked down at his yellow blanket in his lap, it was perfectly clean and in perfect condition.

"I don't know." Yoongi froze, his brain turning its wheels. "She's always been Misun I guess." Jin walked in with Jungkook, Jungkook's shirt on backwards, but a shirt was on nevertheless.

"Why don't we have a dad?" Taehyung crawled next to Jimin, putting his head in his older twin brother's lap. "I want a dad. Dad's in the movies are so cool! I want to play baseball!" Yoongi looked over at Jin, letting his older brother be in charge of this question.

"Not everyone has a dad." Jin got out a spatula, Jungkook running over to the sleeping Teddy. "Misun doesn't love a man."

"She loves me!" Taehyung raised his hand, his head in Jimin's lap still.

"You're a little boy, not a man." Jimin was the one to correct him, pushing Taehyung's hand down.

"Taehyung, I'm sure if you ask Misun, she'll play catch with you." Yoongi got out a block of cheese, determined to make Misun's favorite cake, a cheesecake.

"But I don't have a glove." Taehyung pouted, crossing his arms as Jimin let his fingers get lost in Taehyung's mob of hair. "Or a baseball."

"Like Yoongi said," Namjoon walked into the kitchen, a book in his hands, his glasses falling down his nose. "You just need to ask her."

"What if I'm scared!" Taehyung kicked out his feet, Jimin widening his eyes in surprise.

"You're scared of Misun?" Jin stopped moving around, his full attention on Taehyung now, the sentence that left his brother's mouth quite concerning. "Taehyung, you know you can tell her anything. She helps me with everything. I talk with her all the time."

"I'm not scared of her... I'm scared to ask something from her." Taehyung mumbled, rephrasing his words. "She, she gives us a lot." The mood got serious, making the kids feel uneasy.

"Catch." Yoongi threw the block of cheese at Jin, Jin dropping the orange juice all over the floor. "Wow you're stupid." Jimin and Taehyung watched with straight faces as Jin tackled Yoongi, the two sliding across the spilled orange juice. Namjoon sighed and walked off, opening his book as he went to find the mediator, Hoseok.

"Don't be afraid to ask for a baseball." Jimin scratched Taehyung's scalp, looking down at his little brother. "I'm 1,000% sure she'll be happy to get it for you. I bet she'll be excited too!"