birthday

Jin: Six

Yoongi and Hoseok: Five

Namjoon: Five

Jimin and Taehyung: Three

Jungkook: Two

><

Misun woke up early, heading downstairs to decorate the living room. Today was Namjoon's birthday, the first birthday after Misun adopted the brothers and although it isn't the first since Misun has known them, she still feels pressured to act like this amazing mother figure that she fears she can't be.

What if he is disappointed?

She thinks, but quickly shakes her head to rid herself of the thoughts swarming her mind.

You know his favorite foods and you know his favorite toys. All you have to do is make sure his brothers don't ruin it.

"Okay, so French Toast and OJ for breakfast." Misun wrote her plans on the notepad, the whole house sound asleep. "Mac and Cheese and Hotdogs for lunch. Homemade Mac and Cheese." She nodded, adjusting her weight on her feet. "And then Hot Pockets and Asparagus for dinner, a side of blueberries and the chocolate milkshake." She hummed, tapping the pen as she tried to remember his favorite cake. "I think...cheesecake?"

"Birthday cake cake." Jin crawled onto the stool, sitting up to stare at Misun. "It's the stuff with the sprinkles already in the batter, the stuff that you think looks like confetti."

"Ah thank you Jin." Misun grinned before writing that down.

"How old are you?" Jin laid his chin on the countertop, looking up, making his eyes look big. "30?"

"18, actually." Misun smiled softly, taking out the ingredients for the French Toast.

"Is that old?" Jin frowned, sitting up as he watched Misun move around quietly.

"No, I'm quite young actually." Misun chuckled, setting the griddle down softly. "Most people have one kid when they're 26, and I'm 8 years younger than that." Misun smiled and leaned forward. "Jin, when I first met you, I was 12 and babysitting baby you."

"Why aren't you old?" Jin crossed his arms, pouting. "You look old." Misun snorted and stood up, pouring the milk into the bowl.

"Well I'm sorry to disappoint you with my youth."

"Youth?" Jimin shuffled forward, Jin having to help his brother up onto his own stool. "What does youth mean?"

"Misun knows." Jin spoke before Misun had a chance to. "She's old, she knows everything."

Misun laughs, beginning to cook, "I'm not old, and youth means when you are young."

"What're you cooking?" Jimin asks curiously, jumping up to sit on the stool at the island.

"French toast," She says proudly, continuing to cook the meal. "Namjoon's favourite."

"Ooh, he does love french toast. Orange Juice too!" Jimin says excitedly.

"Already got it," she grins, turning towards the fridge and taking a carton of the beloved beverage.

"He will love that!" Jimin says, "What if he wakes up and comes downstairs before you're finished? It will ruin the surprise." He warns, a pout in his voice.

"He won't everyday for the past two weeks he stays asleep until I wake him at at least 9am." Misun replies confidently.

"Wow, you have really thought this through haven't you?" Jin says, impressed. Jimin laid his head on the counter, clutching his yellow blanket tightly