baker

Jin: Six
Yoongi: Five
Hoseok: Five
Namjoon: Four
Jimin and Taehyung: Three
Jungkook: Two

:::::

Burning

Something's burning

I threw the covers back and ran downstairs to the kitchen, Hoseok screaming from the countertop.

"What's happening!" I shouted, my feet hitting the wooden stairs hard, all seven of them looking up at me with wide eyes. "What's burning?"

"Yoongi made me!" Jin whined, pointing at his younger brother. Jin wore my apron, wrapped around him in totally contradicting angles that made me question how gravity hasn't pulled it off him yet. That's when I saw the smoke coming from the oven.

"Jin!" I pulled him back, pulling on the oven mitts that laid on top of the oven, amazing that they weren't burning hot. "Stay back." I opened the oven and coughed as a bunch a black smoke hit me in the face, the hot air making me want to close it again. I pulled out a skillet, which should've never been in the oven in the first place, some black charcoal stuff inside. Jungkook and Jimin began to cry behind me, probably because of the smell and I moved quickly to open the windows on the other side of the kitchen, using a towel to break up the smoke clumps in the air.

"Misun!" Taehyung pouted, throwing his sippy cup at me. "I want mulk!" Jin threw my apron at him, frowning very 'menacing.'

"It's milk, Dummy!"

"Misunnnnn!" Taehyugn whined, kicking his feet on the countertop as I picked up Jungkook, wiping away his tears. "Jin called me a Dummy!"

"Jin," I sighed, kissing Jimin's forehead, his tears stopping. "Please apologize to your brother."

"Sorry." Jin stuck his tongue out at Taehyung and Taehyung flipped off Jin.

Wait...

"Taehyung!" I scolded, frowning at the three year-old. "Where did you learn that?"

"Yoongi." Taehyung pointed over at Yoongi who locked eyes with me before shrugging, not caring.

"I don't want to see that again, for either of you." I sat Jungkook in front of Hoseok, stopping Jimin from crawling across the whole countertop. "You can sit, no crawling." He pouted, but was happy once more when Taehyung came to wrestle him. "Jin," I turned to the oldest, this whole thing was his fault. "Why did you try to bake without me awake or supervising? I told you guys last night that I had something new for you all to eat."

"We don't want something new!" Namjoon crossed his arms quite dramatically, his bottom lip stuck out in a pout. "We want cupcakes!" I smiled and picked up Jin, setting him on the countertop beside the sink. He wiped the flour off his face after I handed him a wet washcloth.

"But you guys like everything I make." I pinched Namjoon's cheek softly, smiling softly. "I'm a baker, I cook for a living." Jungkook threw his toy off the countertop and hit Taehyung to go get it for him, nonsense words coming from his lips.

"Two words." Namjoon held up three fingers, licking his lips. "Cup, cakes."

five minutes later

"Misun this is really good!" Namjoon shoved another handful of the banana bread into his mouth, cupcakes far from his mind at this point.