Chapter 1: Decisions

The room was cold and lonesome, something Reika wasn't used to. She turned around in the bed and turned on her table lamp. The room wasn't small, but it wasn't large either; there were bookshelves around as well as a comfortable looking couch. The room itself was a dark green color that Reika personally didn't like.

She stepped out of her bed and placed her small feet on the carpeted floor. She was in a simple white nightgown, he dark brown hair fell over her shoulders as she stood up. It was 2:05 am and the large house seemed to be silent all around. She tiptoed out of her room and into the hallway where she looked down the railing to see the main living room. No one was there, she felt no other presence around her. Pushing her hair away from her face, she continued down the hallway to the stairs that led down to the living room. She made sure to suppress her presence just in case any of the other butlers were awake.

Once she made it downstairs, she pushed open the heavy door that stood in her way to the outside world. Once outside her pale feet felt the coldness of the earth. She wondered outside the butler's quarters for a few minutes not sure of what she was doing. The cold wind pelted her exposed arms like gunfire. The pain reminded her of the time when she was a child and underwent training from her parents.

Her brown eyes looked around the dark forested area and suddenly dilated when she felt someone else's presence around her. Faster than light a taller man appeared before her. His pale face reflected the bright moonlight and his long black hair blew in the wind. His pupil-less eyes bore deep into Reika.

"What do we have here?" His venom like voice pierced the silent air.

"Master Illumi." Reika bowed her head, fear spread across her body.

"What is our youngest butler doing out here in the dead of night?" The wind blew Reika's gown and sent a shiver down her spine.

"My apologies master Illumi, I couldn't sleep, so I thought a walk would help me." Reika was using In to completely conceal her presence, she was surprised Illumi found her.

"You were hired just a few months ago, Mother says your abilities are incredible, a force to be reckoned with." Illumi was interested in the fifteen-year old who seemed to impress his mother as well as get along with his younger brother Killua. Illumi had every desire to break her.

"I humbly accept the complaint from the Madame, but I wouldn't say I am that incredible." Reika held her head down as she spoke.

"I would like to test your abilities right here and now. I will be the one to determine if you have the right to be here." Reika looked up at the young man in shock. Fighting with Illumi was the last thing she wanted to do.

"Master Illumi, I am not fit to spar against you. I am afraid you have misjudged my abilities." Illumi stared down at the dark-haired girl whose eyes pleaded with him.

"This is an order that you will follow." Was all Illumi said as he took a few paces back from her.

"Yes, master Illumi." Reika took a few steps back as well and prepared herself.

"Release your In, let me see how strong you really are." Illumi demanded.

"Yes, master Illumi." With that Reika released her In and a sudden wave of blood lust and hatred poured out of her. The radius of her aura was wide reaching, this took Illumi by surprise.

Illumi started first by throwing five sharp needles in her direction, she caught every one of them easily. Illumi then dashed straight for Reika who simply jumped out of the way, Illumi threw three more needles at her while she was in the air. She could only catch two, the third landed in her thigh. Reika smiled slightly and landed on the ground, she then took the needle from her thigh and threw all three at the same speed Illumi had thrown them. Catching Illumi off guard, he only had time to jump into the air. The needle with blood suddenly changed its direction and landed a hit on Illumi's back.