Chapter 17

Saruhiko

In the morning I laid against my door, barely conscious and wondered what time it was. I was so tired that even thinking about work took too much effort. My arms felt like lead while my legs had fallen asleep. I groaned slightly as the sunlight fluttered through the window and onto my face.

Without warning, someone opened my front door quickly. My eyes snapped open as I started to fall, too shocked and dazed to grab onto the door frame. My head hit the floor hard and my teeth clacked together. I squinted through the blinding light to see Hidaka's smiling face.

" 'Morning, Sunshine!"

I growled slightly and sat up, using the door frame to assist me.

"What reason do you have for showing up at my house uninvited and opening my door as if you live here?" I grumbled.

"Oh shut up, Fushimi!" Hidaka waved my words away. "It's not as if you haven't done it yourself!"

"No, I prefer the window actually" I spat sarcastically, pulling myself up to my feet. "I've yet to find someone asleep on their window..."

Hidaka rolled his eyes, "Get some coffee, would ya? Your comebacks are shit when you just wake up."

I glared at him as he continued.

"Anyways, the real reason I'm here is to inform you that as of right now, you're five minutes late to our meeting."

"You've got to be kidding!" I said loudly as I ran back into my house and down the hall.

"This is a nice place, Fushimi..." Hidaka called from the entry room.

I pulled off my jacket, "Well don't get used to it. This is to be the first and the last time you ever come in here."

I quickly slid out of my jeans, not bothering to listen to Hidaka's complaints as I put on my blue uniform pants. After awhile, I noticed that Hidaka had gone quiet which was a bit suspicious. It's the kind of suspicion you get with a child. Hidaka was probably messing with something that was taking his full attention, something he probably wasn't supposed to be touching...

I pulled my shirt off and peeked my head out my bedroom door, seeing Hidaka messing with my sword down the hall.

"What are you doing?" I asked angrily as I walked out of my room with my shirt in hand.

"I was just-"

I snatched the sword out of his hands, "Don't touch it! Your filthy hands will taint the damn thing!"

Hidaka looked down at his hands as I walked back to my room with my sword.

"My hands aren't even all that dirty!"

I rolled my eyes slightly, pulling on my shirt while stepping into my boots. Finally, I finished by fastening the sword to my hip.

I left my room and walked back to Hidaka who was flipping through one of the books on my bookshelf.

I grabbed the back of Hidaka's jacket and yanked him backwards, causing the book to fall out of his hands.

"I said stop touching my shirt!" I hissed angrily in his ear.

"Please Fushimi! What do you have to hide?"

"I have nothing to hide" I informed him. "But you have no business going through my stuff."

I let go of his jacket and he picked the book off the floor. I turned to the door while he placed the book back on the shelf carefully.

I opened the front door and held it, turning my gaze to Hidaka, pointing outside, "Get out of my house..."

Hidaka grumbled but abided, walking out the door, me following close behind.