Chapter 29

Akane

I shivered slightly as I walked down the sidewalk, each echo of my footsteps only pounding in the realization that i had been used. I've been played.

I thought of Fushimi with digits as I remembered what Hidaka had texted him. Deep down I knew I shouldn't have looked. I shouldn't have been nosy but if I hadn't have read want I did, how long would it have taken for me to find out myself? Just how long would he have dragged this out?

I clenched my fists angrily. He didn't love me. He only wanted information on Aki.

Tears began to fill my eyes as I thought about what happened the other day. It was all just a huge joke.

"Akane! Wait, please!" I hear Fushimi shout behind me.

"Fuck off, asswipe" I responded half heartedly.

"Please. Just hear me out. I-"

"Hear you out?" I asked, spinning around to glare at him. "Why? So you can tell me yourself about your brilliant plan to get me to rat out my friend?"

"That was before-"

"Before what?" I cut him off again. "Before you decided that your little plan was a lost cause and you turned to playing with my emotions instead?"

I whirled back around and walked away, "Thank you, but I don't need your sorry excuses..."

"You haven't allowed me to speak!" He shouted as he grabbed my wrists.

"I'm not interested in hearing anymore of your lies."

I shook free of his grasp just before I found myself being pushed up against the outside wall of a building.

"I realize I can't make you forgive me but you will listen to what I have to say..." he said lowly as he pinned my wrists to the wall.

"What makes you so sure that I'm willing to do that?" I asked, struggling.

"It doesn't seem as though you have a choice, now does it?"

"I'll scream."

"Go ahead."

I squeezed my eyes shut and forced all of the air within my lungs out in a long scream. Without warning, Fushimi pressed his lips onto mine forcefully, cutting my cry for help short.

I bit his bottom lip hard, tasting the metallic taste of blood before he pulled away.

"That was rather mean don't you think?"

"Don't fucking touch me, creep" I said as I twisted out of his grasp and sprinted down the length of the sidewalk before he could figure out what was going on.

I didn't dare stop running until I knew for sure that he wasn't following me. I turned the corner and entered an alley, desperate for a short cut home. I stopped short though when I heard a gruff voice from within the darkness part of the alleyway.