CHAPTER 39

Authors note

I apologize for the late update, I said to update last September 3 but its actually September 5 now.

I had urgent matters to finish for my Uni so I wasn't able to upload on time.

I limited Jimin's side in this chapter as he has his own book.

I hope that you still find this story interesting, and fun to read.

Btw please stream and vote for Lovelyz Obliviate. Thank you💖

Happy reading.

*

Trigger warning: self harm

"I'm sorry I called so late last night. I hope I didn't disturb your sleep and Jiyeon unnie's."

Yein smiled apologetically to the man in front of her.

"Don't worry, its cool." He cleared his throat. "Jiyeon is not staying with me anymore."

Yein's brows furrowed. Jungkook told her that Jimin is staying at Jiyeon's. The two are living together. Yein felt the sudden defense wall around Jimin.

She felt the urge to ask, Jiyeon is her friend and Jimin, her half brother is her friend's boyfriend... or is he?

Jiyeon never really told anyone the real score, but everyone can tell that they're together.

She wanted to ask further but her agenda with him is not this. Its not the right time to meddle with his personal life, and he seemed not to be interested in answering any questions regarding Jiyeon.

So she decided to drop the topic, even if she can't bring up the real topic why they agreed to meet up.

Their orders arrived and Yein immediately sipped on her coffee to calm her nerves. Coffee never failed to calm her but why does she feel even more jittery after a sip?

"How are you?" Jimin spoke breaking the silence.

Yein's face contorted, this is not what she planned! She was supposed to be the one asking him not the other way around!

To cover up for the slight embarassment she smiled a little placing the glass down on the table to look at Jimin.

"I'm holding on." Such simple words but holds a very heavy deep meaning to Yein.

Jimin nods his head and took his own coffee to drink, it was awkward with the dead air and Yein needed a topic to bring up.

"On our next meeting, I'll bring the twins so you could meet them." Yein said the first thought that came into her mind.

Jimin nods his head, a small smile on his lips.

"That would be nice." He agreed.

Yein let's out a sigh of relief, she's so stiff! Where did all her sassiness go?

"Is Jungkook okay?" He inquired trying to keep the conversation going and Yein couldn't be more thankful!

"He is, he's not getting enough sleep tho. He's the one mainly taking care the twins."

"That's good." His smile widens. "That's really good to hear."

"How about you?"

The smile on Jimin's lips faded slowly.