True or False Mermaid [Arc 9.8]

Start from the beginning

The king’s trusted attendants saw that his condition wasn’t right. They immediately carried the king back to the palace hall and asked the doctor to go to the hall for treatment.

This left a large group of officials looking at each other, clueless about what to do. They had just waited an entire day in vain for this? And seeing the king’s state just now, he wouldn’t just die from not being able to take a breath, would he?

An official came up to Reibar and said, “King, we…"

The king had already left, so now here Reibar had the highest authority. The officials came to ask Reibar whether they should disperse first or go wait outside the king’s hall.

“That’s it for today. Everyone go back first, and if there’s any news from His Majesty, you will be informed.” Reibar ordered.

After hearing Reibar’s words, the officials left one after another.

Reibar took Jing Yang’s hand and was ready to leave. Downey immediately followed them, ready to go back with them to Reibar’s castle.

After they returned to the castle, Downey asked Reibar, “Cousin, did Abby really faint, or was it just fake?"

“Fake.” Reibar was very certain. He had fought on the battlefield for many years and had become very good at determining whether other people were dead or dizzy, whether they were truly dead or faking death, whether they were truly unconscious or pretending. So when Abby fell to the ground, he could tell that he was pretending.

“So interesting.” Downey smiled. “The royal family has two sick patients, but one is true and one is false. However, what if Abby keeps pretending like this?"

“He can at most pretend this one time. He won’t be able to keep faking it, and it doesn’t matter if he does keep faking it. Royal brother’s body is already about to fail. If he keeps pretending until the death of Royal brother, that would be better for us. A princess who is so physically weak he can’t even summon the rain has no value at all.” Reibar said.

Sitting next to Reibar, Jing Yang couldn’t help yawning. Reibar immediately hugged him and asked, “Tired?"

“En.” Jing Yang raised his hand and wiped the teardrops from the corners of his eyes, nodding. “A little."

“Go back then.” Reibar said to Downey. “For the things I told you, get them done as soon as possible."

“I know.” Downey looked between Reibar and Jing Yang. He stood up and smiled ambiguously. “Then I won’t bother you two anymore. Cousin, you also…as soon as possible, as soon as possible ah."

Reibar swept a sharp glance at him. “Roll!"

So Downey happily rolled away.

Reibar picked up Jing Yang and headed for the bedroom.

Jing Yang rarely didn’t protest. He leaned against Reibar's chest, his eyes half closed, as if he was about to fall asleep instantly. In his previous life, because of his leg injury, when he moved it would either be by wheelchair or by his lover carrying him around. Even after his legs healed completely, his lover still liked to hold him around, and he was also used to it. Today when he had manipulated the bead, it wasn’t as easy as when the bead was in his body after all, and adding on that it was from a distance, he had used a lot of mental strength and the assistance of the system in order to succeed. so he was really a little tired.

Reibar helped Jing Yang clean up a little in the bathroom, then placed him on the bed. He covered him up with the quilt to let him sleep well, but Jing Yang thought about what Downey had just said. “Just now, what did Downey tell you to do as soon as possible?"