kageyama x reader

Start from the beginning

    "I would never...." I squatted down, falling on my knees as I couldn't keep my balance, hands on the floor supporting myself from falling over completely.

    "(Y/n)? Are you okay?" I turn to my friend whose face has worry written all over it.

    I reached a hand to her but miserably failed as I felt my body tremble in fear, embarrassment, and regret. I felt my chest tighten, why am I so hurt?

    I have expected this ending. I knew that the probability of him listening to what I have to say was only 0.001% and yet... why am I crying in pain?

    "I told you not to.." My friend helped me up, placing my arm around her shoulder so that she could support me.

    That was the day... The day I knew I would've given up, but why am I still holding on? Why am I still curious about their whereabouts? Why an I still so concerned about him?

    Months have passed since then, and today's just a regular day in High School.

    I came to Karasuno, forced by my mother only because this was closest to our house. My mother does not want me going far away, having to go home and back from school all on my own.

    I looked at the clock and it's a few seconds away from a lunch. After making ticking sounds in my head as I followed the secondhand of the clock, the bell rang.

    I don't know why I even bothered to countdown, I didn't even have plans for lunch. I stared outside the window, hearing students laugh, yell— yelling is scary, how can people always do it?

    I stood and went to the vending machine near the gym. I went there for a box of milk, I got two of them. I stabbed the straw into it and drank, keeping the other one in my pocket.

    I didn't pay attention to my path, bumping shoulders with someone. I believe it was a guy considering out height difference was immense.

    "Ah, sorry.." I tried my best to sound polite, though I didn't have the energy to do so. I didn't look at the tall male, bowing and walking ahead.

    I went back to class, I've been only drinking cartons of milk today. I haven't eaten my bento, nor did I even try to take a bite from the sandwich mom had prepared for me.

    I tap my fingers on my desk, staring into blank space as I tried to occupy myself with my thoughts. I failed— nothing came into mind.

    "Oi (Y/n), I'm going to start thinking you're dumb." I hear from a ridiculously annoying classmate.

    "Tsukishima leave me alone."

    "Why chibi-chan? Irritated already?" I looked at him with dead eyes, seeing that smirk on his face.

    "Tsukishima, I'm going to start thinking that you're interested in me." I said with a sarcastic smile, rolling my eyes at him, hearing him click his tongue.

    I stood and walked around the school. I leaned on the wall, looking out of the window. I bite the straw as I struggle to think of anything. I haven't finished drinking the first carton.

    My head's so occupied yet so empty. I feel the wind, blowing gently. It felt nice.

    I may have been struggling, because of one particular reason.