Chapter 84: Mysterious stranger and the Birthday battle!

When we last left our trainers. They had just come home to Kanto, and are celebrating Kim's 14th birthday. Someone comes up from behind Kim and whispers happy birthday. Kim jumps then realizes who it is.

Kim: Ash! Oh my Goodness! Ash Ketchum, It's been too long!

Ash: Yeah it has been too long, I just got back from the Unova region! I did some training on my own and am thinking about heading out soon for another region but not sure where to go.

Kim: you know that I have become a strong trainer since the time you brought Max and May here for a visit! That was right before my birthday as well!

Ash: oh really you think your strong! Well I guess will have to see, right Pikachu!

Ash's Pikachu: Pikachu, Pikachu, Pika! (You bet I'm ready for a battle when you are!)

Kim's Pikachu: pika pika pi? (Why do we have to fight, can't we be friends?)

Ash: whoa you've got a Pikachu too!

Kim: yep, actually I have all the Pokémon from all four regions that I have been to! My Pikachu is a girl and she's special!

Ash: special, how? Is it the coloring being different?

Kim: well she is a shiny Pokémon, but no that's not what makes her special. You'll see soon enough when we battle!

Ash: I don't have many Pokémon with me! I'll need to create a team from Professor Oak first!

Kim: sounds like a plan then I can finally have the battle I've been waiting for!

Max: Ash, is that really you?

Ash: Max man is that you? You sure have grown since the last time I saw you! Where's May?

Max: she's with Dawn training for contest battles! Don't forget you and I need to have a battle, you promised!

Ash: ha ha ha ha, you bet, but I better battle the birthday girl first!

Max: that's fine!

Kris: oh my goodness I can't believe it's you! I am one of your biggest fans!

Ash: well thanks I guess, and who are you?

Kim: this is my best friend Kris! She and I met for the first time in Viridian City on the day I started my Pokémon journey. From that day forward, we have never been anywhere without each other.

Jonathan: yo Ash what's been happening with you lately?

Ash: Jonathan it's been a while. I've been traveling from region to region catching Pokémon and trying to become a Pokémon master!

Kim: I too am trying to become a Pokémon master! I already have over 493 Pokémon! I've been all around Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. I am the Champion of all four regions!

Ash: that's awesome Kim! So you have won Pokémon battles against your dad, Lance, Steven, and Cynthia ?

Kim: yup Kris also won against Cynthia so I had to battle her for the title!

Red: wow that's amazing Kris!

Kris: thanks!

Jonathan: hey Ash can I chat with you for a second alone?

Ash: yeah sure man you and I can go take a walk over there and talk. It's been so long we need to catch up man!

Ash and Jonathan walk away from the group and start chatting.