Chapter 39: Day 39: Dragon's Gym And Den

Today is the day! Kim wakes up early as usual, but this time Jonathan is up with her!

Jonathan: man I can't believe that we are finally here in Blackthorn city! Are you ready for the gym?

Kim: yeah I definitely think that I am, although any amount of training can help. Let's go train some while we wait for Kris to wake up.

Jonathan: shouldn't we wake Kris up first, I bet that she would like to train some as well.

Kim: yeah I guess we should, but how should we wake her?

Jonathan: well we could use Pikachu to shock her awake.

Kim: well we could, but I don't want to be on her bad side as we head into our last gym battle.

Jonathan: you've got a good point.

Kim: you know what, let's just write a note telling where we are going to go train and for her to meet us there when she wakes up.

Jonathan: good idea, I'm glad your the smart one.

Kim writes a note saying that they had gone off training in the dragon's den and to meet up with them either there or on route 45, if she could not find them at the dragon's den.

Kim: I can't wait to see what awaits in the dragon's den, I hope that there are dragons that we can try and catch in there.

Jonathan: me too!

The two of them head towards the entrance.

Trainer: I am sorry, but I can not allow you to enter the dragon's den. Only dragon masters, the gym leader, and a few chosen few are allowed to enter.

Kim: I wish I knew how to become a dragon master. I mean I already own two shiny Dragonite, two Dragonair one being shiny and the other being regular, and a regular Dratini.

Jonathan : I too have a Dragonite and a shiny Dragonair, but I am nowhere close to becoming a dragon master.

Trainer: you should try battling the gym leader to see if you are worthy of coming in to the dragon's den.

Kim: ok if that is the only way to enter then I will win and prove that I want to become a dragon master.

Kim and Jonathan head to route 45. Along the way Kim battles a young trainer named Greg. He has a Charizard, a Pikachu wearing a fighting cosplay outfit, and a Kingdra.

Greg: going to the gym soon are you?

Kim: yes, We are, We will be heading there after we do a little training. Is your Pikachu wearing a cosplay outfit?

Greg: yes it has been training as a fighter and can use a fighting move.
Want to battle?

Kim: bring it! How many Pokémon?

Greg: three, and it will be a triple battle.

Kim: sounds fun, I'm in!

Jonathan: I'll just watch. Have fun Kim!

Kim: I will!

The battle begins Greg uses his cosplay Pikachu, Charizard, and Kingdra. Kim uses her shiny Dragonair, Pikachu, and Belteon in the battle.