C H A P T E R . T W E N T Y - O N E

Before leaving the room I say my goodbyes to the two brothers left in the room. "Klaus," I state, getting him to look up at me, "Congrats on being sober. Ben, you're lit." He smiles appreciatively as I continue. "'Kay, bye, I gotta go make sure our resident old man doesn't do anything stupid."

Ben chuckles, "Resident old man?"

I freeze for a second, "Don't tell him I said that."

I look at them, for a second before shadow travelling away. I sigh, stepping out of Five's shadow. I really wish that boost of serotonin had lasted longer than 5 minutes.

<<<<<<<<<<

Five had changed out of his pajamas and was now pacing around his room muttering to himself. He hadn't seemed to notice my arrival, as I made my way towards his bed and layed down on it. I wasn't exactly sure what he was trying to figure out and until he explained I couldn't be of any help.

I would've said something but I knew better than to interrupt him. It was fascinating watching him off in his own world, his thoughts running rampant. After these past few days, even his manic scribbling and muttering was endearing.

Five finally seems to realize I was on his bed as he asks, "What're you doing?"

"Checking up on you." I reply, playing around with a light construct. "What're you doing?"

"I'm trying to figure something out." he states.

"Which is?" I ask trying to get him to explain.

"How did Dad know the world was gonna end?"

I think back to my childhood. He had mentioned it quite a few times before as well as lots of other predictions that had eerily turned out to be true.

"Actually now that I think about it, Dad made lots of predictions that ended up happening. You came back, and the Umbrella Academy is all here again, and well, obviously the apocalypse." I point out, sitting up on the bed.

"Exactly." Five agrees, "I had to go to the future to even know the world ended, let alone when. How did Dad figure out when it was to kill himself exactly a week before?"

I sigh, "Well he's dead, there's no way of finding out how. As much as I hate it, we just have to do what he wants us to do."

Five chuckles bitterly, "Even from beyond the grave Dad's controlling our lives."

"He wouldn't have it any other way." I point out, grabbing onto his hand as the two of us make our way to the only other Academy member in the house. In a split second the two of us exit the shadows of Klaus' room. If my memory serves me right, this was Five's first time shadow travelling. Despite this he seemed fine, already starting his grand explanation.

"Hey. Get up. We're going." He says pumped up.

Klaus seemed to have been attempting knitting, though he was also doing it entirely wrong. He jumps slightly at our appearance replying to Five's statement, "Where?"

"To save the world."

"Oh, is that all? Great." He says, slightly disappointed.

Five starts to explain his thoughts to Klaus as he gets out of his bed. "So, Pogo said Dad killed himself to get us all back together, right?"

"Yeah, so?"

"So it got me thinking. I had to jump to the future to figure out when it happened, but Dad, he can't time travel. So how'd the crazy bastard actually know to kill himself a week before the end of the world?"