C H A P T E R . S I X

"Let's get this bread," I state happily as we walk out to get the name. This results in both Klaus and Five looking at me confused, but I simply shake it off.

Five tries to use it despite not understanding the phrase resulting in him uttering the words, "Indeed, let's achieve the bread."

<<<<<<<<<<

All of that, for nothing. The eye hadn't been manufactured so we had no name, we had no name so we had no plan, we had no plan so the world was going to end. I'm used to being disappointed in life but man, was this depressing.

"Well this isn't good." Five says once we exit the building.

"I was pretty good though, right? 'Yeah, what about my consent, bitch?'" Klaus enthuses.

"You were legendary Klaus," I confirm, though my heart wasn't in it. I sit down on the steps staring at my feet.

Five on the other hand doesn't share my understanding of common courtesy, getting angry at Klaus' chipperness. "Klaus, it doesn't matter."

Klaus doesn't seem to understand. "What? What's the big deal with this eye, anyway?" He questions Five. I raise my eyebrow at Five as well, I had assumed Klaus was in on the apocalypse thing, but I guess not. It wasn't that big of a deal anyways.

Five takes a step closer to Klaus increasingly frustrated, "There is someone who is going to lose an eye in the next seven days... they're gonna bring about the end of life on this earth as we know it."

Klaus doesn't seem phased by the idea whatsoever, more focused on his reward. "Yeah, can I get my 20 bucks, like, now or what?" he asks.

"Mood." I comment, not knowing what to add to the conversation.

"Your twenty bucks?" Five repeats, obviously not pleased to say the least.

"Yeah."

"The apocalypse is coming and all you can think about doing is getting high?" Five questions Klaus, his expression unimpressed. I start becoming uncomfortable sensing a clash of Five's frustration and Klaus' complete inability to read the room.

"Well, I'm also quite hungry. Tummy's-a-rumblin'" He jokes, imitating the sound of a stomach growling.

"You're useless. You're all useless." Five complains, as I grow frustrated with the tension.

"Enough!" I say raising my voice, getting the two boys to look down at me. "All you boys do is argue like idiots, it's insufferable. Read the freaking room and be considerate of others." I scold them while trying to stop my voice from quivering.

After a childhood alone with Reginald Hargreeves any sort of yelling or arguing between people put me on edge. While I was generally okay with women raising their voices, whenever men did it I was quickly uncomfortable. Their yelling reminds me of Dad's when he would get mad at me, and those memories weren't the best to relive.

That reason aside, I'm generally uncomfortable or on edge when I sense people getting angry, especially people who I liked, and these Hargreeves children were not being helpful whatsoever - all they did was argue.

Finally reading the room, Klaus sits down beside me with Five sitting down on my other side shortly afterwards. I ignore their presence, continuing to stare at my shoes.

Trying to lighten the mood after my outburst, Klaus jokes, "You need to lighten up old man," Five glares at first but his glare softens when I chuckle at Klaus' joke. I bring my head back up to look at Klaus.

"Hey, you know, I've just now realized why you're both so uptight." Klaus says, and I have an idea what he's going to imply. Curse me and my dirty mind, but at the same time curse Klaus and his. My fears were confirmed when Klaus continued, "You must be horny as hell!" He proclaims.