C H A P T E R . F I F T E E N

Turning around, I go to look at Five but notice he isn't there anymore. Neither is the bullet that was hurtling straight towards Luther or the guns Cha Cha and Hazel were holding. The ice cream truck crashes into the other car as Hazel and Cha Cha scramble after the briefcase Luther had just yeeted into the field.

"Fi?" I call out, searching for any last signs of Five before Luther grabs me and puts me in the car.

"Shit." I grumble as Klaus and Diego sit on either side of me. I didn't know how or when, but I was sure of it. That fucker had left.

<<<<<<<<<<

I was upset. No, more than upset. I was angry. Just a few hours ago he had said, "I'm not going to leave you, Eris. At least not intentionally." but he did, I know he did. I saw the guilty look in his eyes as he walked up to Hazel and Cha Cha, he knew he was going to break his promise. He never did tell me what his plan was anyways, must've known I would be against it.

A part of me wants to believe he's coming back, but how am I supposed to ensure he will? I have no idea where he went and it wasn't his usual spatial jump meaning he must've gone some other way. I could try and shadow jump to find him but what if he had time travelled? I have no idea how to maneuver through time, let alone use the shadow dimension long enough to do it in the first place.

I was currently holding my hands so tightly that my nails were impaling me. "You okay, kid?" Diego asks, looking at my them. Noticing his gaze I let go.

"Peachy." I strain a smile. Deciding I should probably continue the conversation, I return the question. "Are you okay? Five drives like madman but I'm guessing Klaus isn't much better."

"Rude!" Klaus exclaims playfully as I shrug.

"Well, you did say you didn't know how to drive." Diego points out, as Klaus rolls his eyes turning to look out the window. Seeing that the conversation was over, I went back to thinking.

I should have faith in Five, I know, but what if he gets hurt or injured? He's the only one who has any idea how to stop the apocalypse. I have a few books on the theory of time travel, shadows, and quantum physics. When I get home I can read up on the topics, try and figure out how t-

"Did you say Five drives?" Diego asks, stopping my train of thought.

"What- Oh, yeah. He learnt in the apocalypse." I answer quickly, trying to get back to my thinking.

Considering the fact that Cha Cha went to make a call after Five and them had made an agreement suggests that Five had wanted to meet someone they knew. That means he must've met someone from the commission. But weren't they the same people who were trying to kill him a day ago?

"Eris. Eris. Eris?" I hear a voice calling my name, dragging me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I ask, retreating from my thoughts.

"Y'know I think you've spent so much time with Five that you've started to act like him." Luther says from behind the wheel.

I scoff, "I have not!" I stop to think for a moment; the only thing I've done since I got into this car was think about a way to find Five and stop the apocalypse. My jaw drops as it dawns on me, "Oh my god, I have."

"This is horrible! Klaus, how do I become cool again?!" I cry out. All four men in the car start laughing. "I've become old..." I complain, pouting, "Like you guys! This is the worst day of my life."

I shake my head as the laughter dies down. I turn to my right, seeing Klaus look wistfully out the window. I could tell he was still hurting from something, probably something that had happened during his 10 months in the past.