Chapter 32 - Suspicious minds

Start from the beginning

***

Sam tried to steer clear of Allegra as much as he could. It was hard seeing his brother with her after realizing he wanted to be with her too. He often came up with an excuse to leave the room, but Allegra picked up on his behavior. She cast her protective shield around Sam's soul again out of concern something was up. That warm, comforting feeling was agonizing. 

It was a dreary afternoon when Sam decided he couldn't take it anymore and asked Dean for the keys to the Impala, saying he needed to get groceries. He drove off with the windows down, and the radio cranked up, with no particular destination in mind. Sam just had to get away from the house. Away from her.
After about an hour, he parked Dean's Baby at an overlook and stepped out. The fresh air felt so good. Liberating, almost. He walked to the railing and leaned against it, eyes looking out to nothing in particular.

"Sam? You okay?"

He reeled around when he suddenly heard Allegra's concerned voice. 

"Allegra... Wha-What are you doing here?"

"I saw you leave and locked onto your soul. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

She's worried about me...

"So... are you okay?" she took a step closer. "You know you can talk to me, right?"

"Yeah, but I'm fine. Really." Sam put his hands in the pockets of his jacket and looked everywhere except directly at her.

"Sam, don't lie to me. I'm trying to help you. Please talk to me.'

He managed to avoid her stern stare, and Allegra sighed.

"It's the wall, isn't it? Dammit, I knew that case in Bristol and your grandfather dying was too much for you."

Her hand went through her hair.

"Don't worry. We'll fix it, okay? I don't know how but there's gotta be something we can d-..."

Sam's body moved on its own. Before he realized it, he had his arms wrapped around Allegra, and his lips were on hers. He felt her struggle, so he pulled her in closer. His tongue pushed at her lips, begging her to let him in. Allegra's lips parted, but it wasn't so Sam could deepen the kiss between them. She bit down on his lower lip. The sudden pain snapped Sam out of it. He broke off the kiss. The sting of Allegra's hand against his cheek made him stagger back. He stared at her, eyes wide as he realized what he had done.

"A-Allegra, I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to... No, wait, please!"

She zapped away before Sam could stop her. His breath caught as a crippling heat fell over his body. Pain shot through his head. He fell to his knees, screaming at the burning sensation that took hold of him.
Another crack in the wall. Another truth he didn't want to face.

***

"I'm gonna kill him! I'm gonna rip his goddamn throat out!"

Allegra hurriedly blocked Dean's way as he moved toward the stairs. 

"Dean, please don't!" she pleaded in tears. "I'm okay, nothing happened and..."

"Nothing happened?! Allegra, he practically forced himself on you! You can't expect me to just let that slide!"

"Sam didn't mean it! H-He doesn't know what he's doing!"

"STOP DEFENDING HIM!"

Dean turned his back to Allegra, rubbing his eyes in frustration, anger boiling inside of him. He couldn't understand why she wouldn't just let him kick Sam's ass for going after his girlfriend.
Allegra's arms were suddenly surrounding him. She put her hand around her wrist so he was locked in her embrace. Her body pressed against his as she leaned her cheek against his shoulder blade. Her warmth managed to calm him somewhat.