11 | Chapter Eleven

"Always help some. Who know if you'll be the only one that does,"
-Unknown

CHAPTER ELEVEN

S a n t i a g o

You always anticipate a blow whenever you get into a heated argument. You always anticipate some sort of punch, whether it be physically, emotionally or mentally. It's just the natural human reaction.

But do you know one thing you don't anticipate?

You don't or more like you shouldn't be prepared, waiting or expecting the blow to be coming from you own family. From your parents.

     As happy as I was and as amazing as the day was, the dreaded the ending of each of them. Because that meant going home. That meant I had to be prepared to except the worse. I had just came came home from Sage's house. We hung out for a while and I had dinner with his family. I don't envy him. Or his family. Cause I once had that too.

     I just wish I had it again.

I sucked in my breath and prayed really quickly before getting out of my car. The lights in the house where off so I assumed everyone was asleep. Which I thanked the lord, I loved getting home to everyone passed out. Slowly I unlocked the door, carful to make no noise. Went in and shut the door behind me.

I could hear a small dangling clinking sound as Chip walked around the corner to greet me. He was a small chihuahua, pretty old so he rarely barked amore.

"Hi Chip, how you doing chiquito? I bet you missed me, come on let's go to bed," I whispered squatting down the pet him and picked him up to take him to my room. I was the only one who took care of him since my mother was busy with my sister and father was in his own world half the time.

I looked around the living room and saw a mess.

The pillows of the couch were missing, the table had a broken leg and my little sisters toys and blankets were scattered everywhere. Dad must've came home drunk again.

He never meant it.

He never did.

He's just upset.

He's just stressed out.

But so am I.

My father use to be a loving man. He use to be the dream dad everyone wanted. Everyone was jealous. He was so loving, sensitive and caring. Easy going and easy to talk to and laugh with.

But things change in some people. Events happen. And soon enough those people are gone.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a loud crash in the bedroom upstair before hearing loud footsteps running down. I turn around just in time to see the man himself.

"Dad? What happened?" He squinted his eyes at me and scoffed.

"Pinche pendejo, para que quieres sabe? Porque te metes?" I flint back slightly at his aggressive tone. He came up to me trying to get in my face so I turn my head to the side and try to ignore him."Fucking dumbass, why do you want to know? Why are you butting in?"