2 | Chapter Two

"Either you run the day or the day runs you."

-Jim Rohn

CHAPTER TWO

     "Come on mijo! Time to wake up. Despierta te!" I heard my moms voice taunting me in the hallway. I rolled over to look at my phone on the bed side table. Fuck, I was hella late. I groan and quickly get up, getting ready and grabbing my keys.

       "Ama! Why didn't you wake me up?" Usually I good at waking up early, I've been use to it. But I guess everyone has their late days.

        "Se mi olvido, sorry mijo," She smiled and shrugged at me. I grabbed the lunch she had packed for me and gave her a quick hug before heading out. Chip came around running towards the front door as she heard me leaving. She barked as if saying goodbye and I laugh, giving her a quick pat. Walking towards my truck, I looked at my watch and signed. Jefe is gonna be real pissed at me. It was currently 5:30am in the morning and to get to work take about an hour and a half. So usually I wake up at 4:30am get ready leave at five to get to work around 6:30-6:45am.

       An hour into the drive I got a phone call from El jefe himself,

      "Aye, adonde estas chamaco?"

       "Alle voy, sorry Jefe I woke up late,"

       "Andale, síguele con las chicas en el noche"

      "Nah jefe, you know I'm not like that," I laughed knowing he'd joke like that.

      "Aye pues, te miro en unos minutos,"

       "Si, ya casi llego," 

       "Orale pues,"  He hung up and I put my phone away, speeding down the highway. Work was always my number one priority. Besides practice, work has always been the main thing on  my mind. I've been working since I was old enough to have a proper job. My family has always been really tight on money and we've never been able to say that we were financially stable. 

       So I wanted to help my parents, I wanted them to be less stressed out. I found myself a construction job that payed well and started working my ass off.

      Sometimes I regret working so hard at such a young age because I missed out on a lot of my high school experience. But if it wasn't for my job I wouldn't have my truck and I wouldn't of been able to help my family out. It's now my senior year and my parents are making me take more days off to be able to focus on school better. Which makes me a bit nervous because I hate not being able to put in my part. 

       However, my mom really wants me to enjoy the year less work stressed and hang out with people my age. Since work I've always been around 25-30 year old and so on. 

       Finding a parking spot, I turned my car off and hopped out. I grab my tool box out of the trunk and heads towards the site.

       "Orale, he's here!" James laughed as he pulled me into a bro hug. "Hella late dude, I thought you weren't coming in today," I scoffed.

       "Yeah right, you already know I never miss work," I laugh as I make my way to the office. I make sure to clock in before heading back to the site.

______________________

Unedited 

Word count: 627
Helllllooooo my bees!! 🐝

Sorry for the short chapter!  :( I just wanted yall to have an insight of Santi's life before contiuning the story :)

You can tell he really loves work! Just like me!! If you have any questions about the characters feel free to drop them here! I'll make sure to try and answer all of them ✨

MAKE SURE TO BE SAFE AND SMART TO THOSE OF YOU OUT THERE PROTESTING PLEASE! It can get pretty dangerous so please be safe and wear masks. And make sure to bring a buddy, NEVER GO ALONE! And if you can't go out make sure you still sign petitions and/or donate!!
#blacklivesmatter✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿