6 | Chapter Six

"Sanity and Happiness are an impossible combination,"
-Mark Twain

CHAPTER SIX

     We had finished eating around two hours ago. So we moved on to the arcade part of the restaurant but truth be told I got bored of it fast.

       Noe was with Alfie and Jenna at a claw machine, wasting their money on a toy. Something they knew they were never going to get. Theo had gone after a girl he met and was more then desperately trying to get her number. Dragging Santiago with him.

       Then there was me. Sitting alone but enjoying the music flowing through my headphones. To which I'm not complaining. I was on my phone texting James, Noah and Lily.

Sage
"I think I'm going to die of boredom🙄☠️"
Delivered.

Lily
"What's up buttercup? Weren't you out with friends
tonight?🧐"
Delivered.

Sage
"Just cheeky !! They're off doing their own thing, I'm alone😢"
Delivered.

       Seconds after pressing send I feel the booth dip besides me. "Porque andas solo? Why are you alone?" He asked as he slid a sparkling water across the table for me to catch.

       "Oh these are my absolute favorite!"

       "Ya se, I asked Noe," He chuckled as he threw a wink. Both actions causing the butterflies in my to reappear.

       "You're accent is really cute you know?" He mentioned as he scooted closer to me.

       "Thank you, I can say the same to your spanish," I blushed, not really being confident in my compliment.

       "Gracias, It comes naturally," He smiled.

       "So have you lived here all your life?" I asked, struggling to open the water bottle.

       "Yeah, I have. It's not all that fancy but it's one of the most popular cities around here I guess." He shrugged and smiled as he watched me still struggling with the stupid water.

       "Te ayudo?"

        "Imma take a long shot and assume that means you're asking to help," I accept defeat and hand him the bottle. And guess what? He opened it with such ease.

       "What in the bloody hell.." I whispered.

       "You loosened it up for me," He shrugged his shoulders again, laughing at me. I glare at him and huff. I liked being able to talk to people one on one. I'm not sure why, I just get shy and anxious when it's more than two people. I guess my brain just considers it being a crowd, something that makes me truly uncomfortable.

       "My bad cielito, I didn't mean to test your strength," I squint my eye at as I drink the fizzy beverage.

       "What does ce-lito mean?" I frown as I butcher the word completely.

       "I'm sorry what?"

       "Cel-ito, what does that mean?"