9 | Chapter Nine

Maybe it won't work out, but maybe seeing if it does may be your best adventure,"
-Unknown

CHAPTER NINE

To say I'm nervous is an understatement. As I'm sure you can understand due to the fact that I've never been on a date. As well as the fact that I am an awkward mess that never knows what to talk about. This is gonna be fun.

"So what are you gonna wear tonight?" Noe asked as she laid in my bed, messing with my sheet that I just fixed. I rolled my eyes "I'm not quite sure yet,"

"You excited? Have you told mum or dad?" I could tell she was pretty excited for me. Noe's been on a few dates before me but to be completely honest they all turned out to be dicks. So I'm really praying that Santi doesn't turn out to be like that too. Nowadays boys only think about having summer flings and that upsets me. What happened to having unconditional love? Like where'd it all go?

"No I haven't and I don't think I will. What if he's a jerk? Then when I stop talking to him, mum will ask about him all the time, you know how she gets," Our mum has a habit of bring up old people we introduced her too. Thinking we'd be together forever or something. "Eehh, I guess you're right,"

"No you don't guess, you know. She still brings up Kyle," Noe groans and slams her head on my bed. "He's such a fuck up! That was a year ago! How does she even remember him? I feel like vomiting when I think of him" She cringed. Kyle was not exactly her ex but I guess you can call him that. Noe really liked him but turns out he really like multiple girls. Including our other cousin. He met our mom once and she's asks about him all the time since then.

I laughed at her before slipping out of the room and into the loo to change. I wore something casual because I didn't want him to think I was trying to hard. I wore a white and black long sleeves with black jeans and a pair of white shoes.

     I walk back into my room and im bombarded by Noe spraying perfume on me, "Santiago knocked on the door and mum answered it, hurry hurry hurry!" She rushed me as she stuffed my phone and wallet into my hands and pushed me out of the room. I ran down the stairs to the front door.

{Santiago}

     Ryan and Jonah both owe me a new phone. or at least the money to buy a new one. You see the boys at work love fucking around with other people's things. Even when you tell them not to touch it. So as a funny joke they took my phone and ended up accidentally dropping it in cement. Which is why I had no way of telling Sage what happened and why I couldn't text him.

     I know he was pissed at me and he has all the right to be. So I just want to make it up to him by taking him out, hopefully getting a new phone and just spend time with him.

     Sage had told me his address at school before we left so I got here a few minutes before what we had planned. It was near six when I walked up to the door and knocked.

     "Oh hello! You must be one of Noe and Sages friend right?" A middle aged woman similar to what Noe would look like if she was older opened the door.

"Uh yes ma'am! I'm Santiago Amores, I was looking for Sage. We are suppose to.. uh hang out today," I fidget slightly; I wasn't sure if I should've said we were going on a date or not...