CHAPTER XVI: Confession

Edwin's POINT OF VIEW

After I had a long and deep talk with board members who keep on asking me about the upcoming projects of the council. And of course, my future plans.

As much as I want to stay with Xandrie, the work of being the Council's President will always be a hindrance. And because of this, I can't be with Xandrie. For the first time, I want to stop being the President of the council. Tsk!

"When will be the dance competition in Australia?" Ministress Rain Lopez asked me.

"Second week of January, Madame." I said with a smile.

The conversation keeps going on and I was about to excuse myself when Kriz announced that Classy will be playing her piece for us.

"Really? I didn't know that she is part of the program." Ministress Rain Lopez commented while glancing at Xandrie talking to Kriz on the side of the stage.

I can't take my eyes away from her. May parang kung anong bagay ang pilit na humihila sa akin para hindi magsawang titigan siya. Malapit o malayo man, iisa at kakaiba pa din ang epekto ng presensiya niya.

"----- for that, okay Mister Alvarado?" Napalingon ako sa isang board member ng marinig ko ang pangalan ko.

Hindi ko alam kung ano ang sinasabi niya kaya naman puzzled lang akong nakatingin sa kanilang lahat. Akala ko ay magiging kakaiba ang reaksyon nila pero ganon na lang ang pagkasupresa ko ng tumawa sila.

"I didn't know the Miss Sevilla's presence can affect you this much." Ministress Athena Sy teases me.

"I agree." Minister Johann Ferrer seconded. "I knew Mr. Alvarado for years and He is always fully focused on even small things. But it seems like, there are change of hearts here."

Napailing na lang ako. "What are you all talking about?" Natatawa kunwaring tanong ko sa kanila na siyang ikinatawa lang ng huli.

Ministress Rain Lopez tapped my shoulder and pointed the stage. "Hear she out. We're sorry for keeping you away from the party. Enjoy the night." Iyon lang at walang lingong likod akong iniwan.

"Good evening everyone. So, I would like you all grab your crush or that special person in your heart on the dance floor. Let my chosen music confess what your heart really shouting for. Tell them that till you met them, you sudden feel the strange and calm emotions inside of you that changes your whole life. Have fun everyone." Xandrie greeted before she played the piano.

Hindi ako umalis sa pwesto ko at nakuntento na lang na panuorin siya sa malayo. I admire her from afar. The way she move the bow while playing, she is stunning. There are multiple of couples dancing and swaying as they following the rhythm of Xandrie's piece.

Her eyes were close as if she is savouring the moment. The lyrics of her chosen song were confessing. Para bang may nakilala siyang hindi inaasahang tao na bumago sa buhay niya. Someone who taught her to love. And for unknown, I feel envy for that person. Katulad ng ballet, ginagawa niya iyon para maging proud ang taong iyon sa kaniya. At ngayon, sa mismong harap ko ay nagtatapat siya ng nararamdaman niya para sa taong iyon.

Nakatingin lang ako sa kaniya hanggang sa matapos siyang tumugtog. Lalapitan ko na dapat siya ng may humawak sa pulsuhan ko.

"Denisse" agad kong tawag sa taong humawak sa akin.

Nagbaba naman siya ng tingin at parang hindi mapakali. Nakailang buntong hininga pa siya bago nag angat ng tingin sa akin at saka ako niyakap.

"I am Denisse Harcane Tan. I am Arcane, your Secret Admirer."

My breathing literally stops. I just end up staring at her with so much confusions. It took me minutes beforr I came back to my senses.