CHAPTER XLIII: Her Answer

Xandrie's POINT OF VIEW

The mood seem so nostalgic and romantic. I am between the arms of the person I am longing to hold on to. I cannot even remember how many prayers I have made just to be this close to him.

And even how many times I deny, I still keep on walking and looking back to him. While we are following the rhythm of the music, his words seem louder than any music on this hall. I can't help but to think of all the things we have been through. This man never fails to make me smile and comfort me even on the most trying moment. Hindi ko alam kung normal ba na maging malungkot at masaya at the same time. Malungkot dahil alam na malaki ang pagkakataong hindi kami magkasama sa college and I am more than happy because all the memories we made our precious. They are so precious that I will cherished it forever. I know him for so long that it seems like my whole life depend on him now.

And now that  I am dancing with him, para akong nanaginip. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang dapat kong maramdaman. I never thought I will fell to someone like him. 

"Classy" he called ne. 

Ayon na naman yung kakaibang pakiramdam na dumadaloy hanggang sa likod ko. And the least thing I managed to speak is a "hmmmm?"

I looked up on him and there, I saw how mesmerizing his stares. He is looking at me intently and lovingly if I read it right.  "I don't know how to start this speech but I wanted you to know whatever inside of me." he softly started. "You captured me on the most enticing way. You were just standing there in front of the announcement board saying my name." Hindi ko malilimutan ang unang beses na pagkikita namin. Yes, true enough that I am just facing the announcement board and I can't hide all my admiration on his success. He is handsome, smart, mean, serious, and sometimes tectless and insensitive. But I am loving them all now- all his features which I thought just nothing and normal. 

I smiled as I recall the memory and he continues, "And I can't help but to look on the back of yours because you are wearing all black that day. From then on, I can't stop myself from worrying whenever you're in pain. I can't help but to admire you from a far. I love the way you smile and laugh. I love your serious and laughing face. I love every angle of your face."

And for some reasons, tears keep running and rushing down to my cheeks. Naging mabilis din naman ang pagkilos niya at madahan niyang hinawakan ang pisngi para punasan ang mga luhang hindi ko mapigilang pumatak. Its as if my tears has its own mind and gesture. 

And my heart skipped when he speaks the next lines his lips utter. "I love you ever since Xandrie that I can't remember when it has started. But the moment you were laying on the hospital bed in Australia, that's the time I realized I would not be able to live without you. You captured a piece of me. A big space on my heart."

Hinawakan niya ang magkabilang pisngi ko at buong pagmamahal na tinititigan sa mga mata. I can feel his sincerity and I don't have much enough time to process everything when he smiled at me. "I love you Miss Xandrie Anyssa Ereni Sevilla. Can I have the right to own you and give everything that I can?"

Alam ko sa oras na ito isa lang ang magiging sagot. Pinigilan kong humikbi para masabi ko ang lahat ng nararamdaman ko. I will let my heart speak for it because this guy deserves it. And so I am giving it to him and allowing myself to have the love that I dfreamed since forever. 

"The first time I saw you when I turned my back that time, aaminin ko, sobrang gwapo mo sa paningin ko" I chuckles and so he is too. "Kakaiba kasi yung aura mo, intimidating? mean? bossy? Pero despite those traits, I am starting to accept and like you as the whole you. Akala ko dahil pareho tayong nasa taas madali para sa akin na sabihin ang nararamdaman ko. But I am wrong, iba pa nga napagkamalan mong Arcane diba?" I rolled my eyes. "Come on, Classy! Hindi ko naman alam na  nagsisinungaling pala siya" defensive na sagot niya sa akin. 

"Yeah right!" pasinghal ko na sagot bago ko pinagpatuloy ang pagsasalita ko. "But you know what, god things came out from those unfortunate things that happened to me. Doon ko kasi narealize kung gaano ba kita kagusto o baka nga mahal na talaga kita. I am just afraid that my feelings will be subsided just because you didn't feel the same way for me" 

I took a deep breath, "Pero ngayon, sigurado na ako. Sigurado na ako sa nararamdaman ko at lalong sigurado na ako sa'yo."

And for the first time, I saw how his tears runs down to his cheek. "Really?" hindi makapaniwalang tanong niya. I rested my forehead to his as I lightly nod, "Ikaw ang kahit sinong babae ay papangarapin. So yes, Mr. Edwin Zander Calix Alvarado, you can have me since now and forever."

 He immediately hugged me tightly and keeps on whispering on my ear how much he loves me. I hugged him back and rested my head on his shoulder. Alam ko na wala akong pagsisihan at lalong hindi ko pagsisihan na siya ang minahal ko. I've been praying and dreaming for this and I won't ket this chance slipped away. 

"I love you" he whispered sincerely. 

Pinigilan ko ang sarili kong mapahikbi, I composed myself before answering, "I love you more"

'May God allow me to have a smooth journey with this person because I know I've been through a lot. Por favor!"

To be continued...