Chapter 15

Aleka Ortega

“We should probably head back, now,” Talia said, as she casually sipped her iced tea. Monica had finished hers and was staring out the window of the restaurant. We had been gone all day, getting our nails done, shopping, and eating lunch and such. Liana had informed the boys of our extended girls’ day out, making it a girls’ night out.

A flash went off out the window, and then another, and then another. “Shit, we’ve been spotted,” I said, covering my face as cameras caught pictures of us. We finished off our food and paid the check before meeting Andy outside. More like running to the car, because people were chasing us. And by people, I mean girls. Directioners. Monica’s beanie fell off her head and onto the ground. She knelt to pick it up, and when she looked up, it looked like a stampede of girls were coming towards her. Talia yanked her by the hair and pulled her into the car.

“Thanks, but no thanks,” Monica said, rubbing her scalp as the car took off.

“I’m going to call Lou,” MacKenzie announced, pulling out her white iPhone. She dialed the familiar number and put it on speaker. “Louis?”

“Hihi, Kenziekinz,” Louis said, sounding a bit off. I rolled my eyes. “When ya’ll comin’ home?” he used a Texan accent for the last comment.

“On our way,” MacKenzie answered.

“Lou, give me that! You’ve had enough!” Liam’s voice was heard through the phone. There were some shuffling noises, then Liam’s voice was heard again. “Hello?”

“Hi, Liam. It’s us, you’re on speaker,” Talia said.

“Oh, well in that case,” Liam said. “The lads are a bit drunk. They probably won’t remember tomorrow morning, so if they do anything foolish, be warned.”

“I call a slumber party at Harry and Lou’s flat,” Monica said.

“Harry, no! Put the brazier back!” Liam yelled. Liana face palmed.

“Whose is it? Describe the bra,” Liana said, receiving weird looks from me.

“Uh… Okay? It’s pink-“

“That’s mine!” Liana interrupted.

“Niall, would you go put this back in the guest closet? NO DON’T PUT THAT ON YOUR HEAD,” Liam growled. “Zayn, I need some help here.”

“Sorry mate. Harry looks lovely on that unicorn, by the way,” we heard Zayn say. I burst out laughing. “Aleka? What are you doing tonight?”

I immediately stopped laughing and put on my best serious face.

Not on speaker, please, not on speaker.

“He’s had a few drinks as well. See you when you get back,” Liam said, and the phone clicked off.

“I don’t want to go home anymore… “ Talia said.

“At least your boyfriend isn’t drunk! Mine’s probably running around naked,” Monica said, face palming. I began to wonder what Zayn was like when he was drunk. He acted all cool when he was sober. I was actually quite excited to see him all crazed and all, because maybe it was another side to him.

“We’re here, girls,” Andy said from the driver’s seat. We all looked at each other with confused faces. Andy turned around and looked confused as well. “They’re drunk, aren’t they?”

“Not Liam, but yes. They’re drunk,” Liana answered. Andy sighed and wished us luck, which I was not sure why we needed it, and opened the door for us to get out. Monica adjusted the sequined beanie that she had saved on the top of her head and knocked on the door. Liam answered shortly after, his hair sticking up in all directions.