Chapter 10

Liana Aslin

“Niall, gerroff!” Zayn muttered. The ‘pillow’ I had been using jerked forward, sending me falling on my face on the floor.

“Zayn, see what you did?” I heard Niall say, as he grabbed hold of my arm and pulled me back up. I rubbed the tiredness out of my eyes and took in my surroundings. We were in a van of some sort, and I remembered that we had chosen to go to this indoor pool or what not because the weather wasn’t cooperating today.

“I didn’t do anything! You were the one sitting on me!” Zayn scoffed, and ignored Niall for the rest of the time. Aleka was on her phone, and so was Mackenzie. Talia was asleep on Liam’s shoulder, and Monica was just awkwardly staring out the window as usual. For the boys, however, Zayn was on Twitter, Niall was eating some crisps, Liam had his arm around Talia’s shoulder and seemed to be dozing off as well, and Harry was just staring out the window like his girlfriend.

“Are we there yet?” I wondered aloud, just to break the awful silence that had been cast upon us. Paul shook his head.

“Half an hour, Miss Aslin,” he said.

“For the last time, Paul, don’t call me Miss Aslin, call me by my name. Miss Aslin is my aunt who never got married,” I said, and he nodded. Niall and Zayn had reached the ignoring stage completely, sitting with their backs to each other.

“Liam, are you asleep?” I asked.

“No. I’m chasing elephants in Zimbabwe,” he answered with a tired voice. Mackenzie burst out laughing.

“Well then. When did you and Tal get released from the hospital?” I asked, remembering that I was still ill at the time being and hadn’t been there to see them come home.

“Two weeks ago, Liana,” Liam answered, yawning. “We still aren’t allowed to swim, though. The doctor will have a fit if we do.”

“Oh, okay,” I said, staring out the window. The silence was killing me by this point. I was a talkative person with a bubbly personality, so silence wasn’t exactly something I was used to. “Niall, Zayn,” I said, making them both face me. “Make up. I don’t like it when you’re ignoring each other.”

“I don’t have to listen to you,” Zayn scoffed. I made my eyes into slits and stared at him.

“Zayn,” Aleka said. “I wouldn’t start with her. Believe me, it’s not going to end well if you do.”

“Why? What does she do?” Louis piped up.

“Let’s just say that it’s a bit torturous,” Mackenzie answered for Aleka, making Louis arch his eyebrows.

“Alright, alright. Niall, you’re forgiven,” Zayn said, holding out his hand to shake. Niall didn’t even look down at it.

“Who said I’m apologizing?” Niall said with a grimace. Whoever was awake in the van groaned. “Alright. Thanks. Happy, everyone?”

“Yes,” I said, pecking him on the cheek. He blushed. “Monica,” I said, but she was daydreaming and didn’t notice. “MONICA!”

“Huh!?” she said, jumping and glaring at me with wide eyes. “What?”

“Hi,” I said, making her roll her eyes at me and smack my shoulder. “Ow! What was that for?”

“Breaking my concentration, idiot. Now really, what do you want?” she asked, raising her eyebrows and crossing her arms.

“Nothing. I’m bored,” I said, making her roll her eyes again. “Stop that! It’s rude.”

“You’re rude.”