Chapter 5

Niall Horan

I woke up to the smell of ham right under my nose. In confusion, I lifted my head up to see that I had fallen asleep while eating a sandwich, even a bite still in my mouth. Just the thought of swallowing what had been in my mouth for a few hours made me gag, so I spit it out into a paper towel and gargled with some water before trying to figure out where I was.

The kitchen, where I had been asleep on the counter before, looked untouched by anyone besides the lonely sandwich on the counter. The living room was painted a cream color, and the couches and chairs looking dashing. I rubbed my eyes and walked down the hall that was connected to the living room and kitchen, which led to three doors. One was the bathroom, which was at the end, and I was yet to find out what was in the other two.

The first door, which was closest to the bathroom, I opened to see that my four other band mates were sound asleep. Louis and Harry were on either sides of one of the two beds in the room, and Zayn in the other.

I slowly closed the door, afraid of waking the boys, and decided to see what was in the other room. I still had absolutely no idea where I was at the moment. A bad habit of mine was waking up and forgetting exactly how or when I had fallen asleep. As I reached the other door, the thoughts came back into my head of what had happened the night before.

It was as if I could see snippets of the past, but only better. Liana was dressed in a yellow cocktail dress that was draped over one shoulder, her blonde locks of hair curled and resting perfectly on her shoulders. She was dancing with me, the background a lit up dance floor and a dark room. We were clubbing last night? I remember looking to the right and seeing Monica and Harry having a drink at the bar, Harry a bit disoriented. He must’ve been drunk, but Monica seemed more than sober. She was laughing at whatever Harry had said.

On my left, Zayn and Aleka were… ballroom dancing? He was spinning her around and pulling her back into his arms, both of them laughing and smiles on their faces. Louis and Mackenzie weren’t too far away, sitting down on a bench with their backs to each other. Talia and Liam were nowhere in sight, probably outside.

My focus had gone back to Liana who was dancing with me. I had put my hands on her waist and lifted her up, sending her screaming in happiness. I shook my head and came back to reality, the answer of where I was still not answered.

I slowly opened the door and found Liana asleep in the bed nearest the door, the blanket only reaching her waist. I had a sudden urge to go and tuck her in, but held my ground. Monica and Mackenzie were asleep on either sides of another bed that was the second closest to the door, and Aleka was asleep on the last bed.

Then it struck me right away that we were in the girls’ hotel room, but where were Talia and Liam?

I slowly made my way towards Liana’s bed and did indeed tuck her in before walking out the door in silence. The girls’ phones were on the counter near the door, and I immediately recognized Liana’s iPhone as the one with the bright pink case. I picked it up and was stumped by the code, but then a smile crossed my face when I remembered watching her change the code to my own name while we were having dinner last night.

I typed in Niall and saw that the background was of myself and her last night as well. Damn it, Niall! I thought. How could I forget everything so fast?

Before allowing my thoughts to go any further, I scrolled through her contacts before finding Talia’s phone number. I pressed the call button, and it rang about three times before I heard Talia’s voice on the other end.

“Liana?” she said into the phone.

“Nah, it’s Niall,” I said, leaning on the counter with one arm. “Where are you two?”

“Wha- what do you mean by ‘you two’?” Talia asked, stuttering.

“I mean you and Liam, Tal,” I said, yawning. “I’m guessing you’ve been gone all morning, if not all night.”

“Er…” she said, and I could hear shuffling on the other end and Liam’s voice.

“Niall,” Liam said, the phone probably now in his hands.

“Liam, where are you?” I asked, running a hand through my blond hair. They were obviously up to something, but they wouldn’t tell me. “Don’t try lying. You’re as bad as Talia when it comes to that.”

I heard Talia yell ‘Hey!’ in the background, and Liam chuckle.

“We’ve gone out to breakfast, Niall,” Liam said. “All of you, well not including Louis and Mackenzie, were a bit tipsy, so we brought you back to the hotel. I’m guessing you have a big headache, no? And even my voice sounds like yelling in your ear?”

That’s when I did notice how much my head was hurting, and sat down on a nearby chair. I was used to the loud voices, so I kept the phone close to my ear.

“And Niall?” I heard Talia say.

“Yeah?” I replied.

“How was your sandwich?” she said with a giggle. I groaned.

“Have a nice breakfast,” I said, monotone, and hung up the phone. I rubbed my eyes, and could hear my stomach rumbling already. Maybe if Liana was awake, I could split some room service with her…?

I got up from the chair and walked back to the girls’ room, and found Liana still sprawled out in bed, but on her iPad.

“Liana,” I whispered with a smile on my face. “You hungry?”

“When am I not?” she replied, not looking up, but then put the iPad down. “Did you follow me on Twitter?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Look at this,” she said with a sad face, handing me the iPad. It was her mentions box, which was blowing up by the second.

Get your hands off my leprechaun!

Who’s this bitch, @NiallOfficial ?!

I deserve you more than she does.

I quickly went to the settings and turned off the notifications for Twitter, so that she wouldn’t get the messages. When I looked up, she had tears in her eyes, and was hugging her knees up to her chest.

That made me upset. I walked around the bed and sat next to her before putting my arm around her shoulder. She was pretty upset, if you know what I mean.

“It’s okay, Liana,” I told her. Monica shifted around in her bed, so I took Liana by her hand and led her out of the room. We sat down on the living room couch, with her head on my shoulder. “Believe me, my own cousin got a lot of hate before the fans found out she wasn’t Mrs. Horan, she was Katie Horan, as in my uncle’s daughter.”

Liana sighed and bit her lip. “Okay. I’m fine. I’m just… freaking out a bit. Girls do that a lot, you know.”

“Yeah, I know,” Louis said, walking in. He had his pants draped over his arm. “I’ve got four sisters to prove it.”

“Shut it, Lou,” Zayn said, walking in. He had a major case of bed head.

“Alright, I’m going to get dressed,” Liana said, getting up. She gave me a kiss on the cheek before leaving the room. Louis and Zayn stared at her as she walked away.

“Hey,” I said, bolting out of my seat. “Zayn, you got Aleka, and Louis, you somewhat got Mackenzie. No eyeing my girl. Not chop-chop, get ready for the day.” I patted Louis’ cheek and walked away with a smile on my face.

First time I’d stood up for my girlfriend. 

It's Complicated {One Direction}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara