Chapter 4

Talia Van Trapp

“Monica, did you hear that?” I asked, sitting up in the hotel room bed. I had woken up to some noise that came from outside. With yesterday still in my thoughts, I figured Liana had gone out again, but she was still asleep in the bed across from mine.

“Yeah, what was that?” Monica asked, sitting up. I checked the time, and it was seven a.m. and for once we had slept in, kind of. “I think it’s coming from the front door!”

Without waking Mackenzie, Aleka, or Liana, Monica and I tip toed to the living room of the hotel suite. Sure enough, someone was pounding on the door. Monica had brought a pair of Liana’s heels and was holding one as if she was ready to swing at whoever was here this early.

Being the ‘most fit’ I reached for the doorknob and slowly pulled it open, to find none other than Harry and Liam. Monica had begun to run to attack Harry. Without warning, she kicked him in Area 51, sending him falling on his knees. She hadn’t noticed it was Harry and Liam, and considering the awkward moment she’d had with Harry, her face turned red.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry!” Monica said. “We thought you were murderers!”

“How about you lay off the horror movies?” Harry panted, still on his knees. Liam laughed, but kept looking down the hallway on both sides, as if they were hiding from something, or someone. I held the door open further as Liam grabbed Harry and pulled him inside, Monica shutting the door behind them.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, as I motioned for them to sit on the couch.

“I love my fans,” Liam said. “But sometimes, they can get a bit crazy. We got out for some breakfast this morning, and Harry over here didn’t want to wear a disguise. We were recognized, and chased.”

“You’re welcome to hide here, then,” I said. “Would you like some tea or coffee?”

“No, thanks,” Harry and Liam said at the same time. Harry was still wincing in pain.

“Er, are you alright?” I unsurely asked. “Do you… Need something?”

“He’ll be fine,” Liam said, assuring me. “Er, where’d Monica go?”

“I’ll find her, just a moment,” I said.

I left Harry and Liam to run to the bedroom I shared with Monica and Liana, where I found Monica looking through the closet. That’s when I realized, that it was the second day that we were seeing the boys, and all they’d seen us in was pajamas. Before confronting Monica for her disappearance, I changed into a pair of faded out short-short jeans and a blue, studded long line top that was short sleeved and tucked into my shorts. I borrowed Liana’s sparkly Toms, hoping she wouldn’t mind.

“Monica, what happened?” I asked, as she came out of the bathroom wearing darker short-short jeans and a ruffled abstract tank top with black converse.

“I’m not going out there, Tal,” Monica said, her face still red. “I kicked him! I bloody kicked him!”

“You also kissed him, Mon,” I reminded her. She sighed and looked down at her black converse. I just grabbed her wrist and led her to the living room of the suite, where Liam and Harry were sitting on the couch.

“I’m really sorry, Harry,” Monica said, the redness still not gone from her cheeks. “I didn’t mean it.”

“It’s alright,” Harry said, getting up with a smile. He walked over and hugged Monica. She looked like she didn’t know what to do, so I motioned for her to hug back, which she did, and they stayed like that for a few seconds. Liam was giving Harry the thumbs up sign. All of this seemed awkward to me. We all met yesterday, Liana and Niall are madly in love already, and Monica and Harry have shared a kiss. Not only that, but she’s seen him naked. Kenzie has seen Louis naked as well. Zayn was obviously going to warm up to Aleka soon, and Liam and I were just there.