Chapter 3

Mackenzie Marciano

“So… What brings you to London? You guys sound foreign,” Zayn said. We had been at the restaurant for about an hour now, since Niall’s and Liana’s hunger had been satisfied. Aleka was sitting across from Zayn, and I could totally see what she was thinking. If only Louis…

“And Mackenzie’s from Italy,” Talia said. She had been telling Niall, Liam, and Zayn about where we were from, and my thoughts had been interrupted by hearing my own name. I turned my attention back to the conversation we were having with the three members of One Direction. They, surprisingly, didn’t look tired at all, whereas we five had bloodshot eyes and dark circles under them.

“Really?” Liam said. “That’s pretty cool that you guys are from all around Europe.”

Liana yawned and settled on Monica’s shoulder, closing her eyes. Niall looked deep in thought for a moment.

“Why don’t you guys come over to Harry and Louis’ flat?” Niall asked. “We haven’t got anything to do this morning.”

Liam shrugged and Zayn just wiggled his eyebrows as he took a sip of his coffee. I looked at Liana, Monica, Talia, and Aleka, who looked like they couldn’t keep their eyes open. I nodded and motioned for us all to leave, which we slowly did. Liam and Niall led us as we walked, Zayn at the back of the line.

As the five friends we are, we tried our best to learn each other’s languages. Liana was fluent in Spanish, and so was I. Talia knew some Spanish and some French. Aleka also learned French, and Monica learned German and a little bit of Spanish.

“This guy is adorable,” Liana told Aleka in Spanish. “I love how he shared the muffin!”

“Thank you, I hope you enjoyed your muffin,” Niall said back in Spanish. Liana froze, and I had to tug on her sleeve to make her catch up. Niall laughed and told Liana it was okay. It was then that I realized that Niall was fluent in Spanish also. I must have missed that in the magazine article.

As we were walking, Liam went head first into a light pole. “Argh…” he muttered, as he rubbed his nose. I couldn’t help but laugh in silence, knowing he was looking back at Talia the whole time.

“Better go walk next to little lovey dovey, Tals,” I whispered into Talia’s ear. “He’s going to hurt himself soon, well, again.”

“Shut up…” Talia said, blushing, but did go walk next to Liam along the way. I smiled at my own smartness.

“You’re dreaming about Louis, aren’t you?” Talia whispered. I just closed my eyes and sighed as we got to the flat. A few staircases more, and Liam, Niall, and Zayn led us to a door. Niall knocked once, and since he didn’t receive an answer, opened the door.

“Aren’t they asleep?” Monica asked, curious.

“Yeah, but they won’t mind, trust me,” Niall said. He put his coat on the couch nearby and pointed at me. “You. Come with me.”

“And I need your help to wake Harry up,” Zayn said, pointing at Monica. I was confused. What? What does he need me for? Oh, wait a minute…

Niall grabbed my hand; thoughts yet again interrupted, and dragged me off to a room. He opened a door, where I found Louis sprawled out in his bed, shirtless and looking like he was in a deep sleep. Niall motioned for me to go on the left side of the bed and stand at the end where I could see the top of his head. What’s he planning?

My thoughts took a turn as I saw Niall standing on the chest that was at the foot of Louis’s bed. He jumped on the other side of the mattress, making Louis fall on the floor, his head at my feet. He looked up at me as I looked down at him, as confused as I was. I held out a hand to help him up, which he took.