Chapter 13

MacKenzie Marciano

“Wake up,” I heard someone with a familiar Irish accent say, then throw something light and buttery onto my face. “Wake up!”

“What?” I said, as Niall threw some more popcorn at me. I looked up to see us all sprawled out in the living room with the telly on. Aleka and Zayn were in one corner of the room asleep, with Aleka’s face buried in the crook of his neck. He had his arms wrapped around her waist and they looked so peaceful together like that. Harry and Monica were asleep nearby with her head rested on his chest. What was awkward was that Louis’ bum was right in Harry’s face. I had my head on a pillow and my face was inches away from Louis’. Niall and Liana had each claimed a couch. Talia and Liam were watching Toy Story 2 upstairs in the guest room.

“Would you mind doing me a favor?” Niall asked.

“Depends on what it is, Nialler,” I said, sitting up and accidently hitting Louis in the head. Louis jolted awake, hitting Harry in the face with his bum. Harry sat up, throwing Monica off of him and kicking Zayn in the process. Zayn jumped awake, sending Aleka flying towards the couch and waking Liana.

“HOLD THE HELL UP WHERE’S THE FOOD,” Liana yelled. It was completely normal, Liana waking up and yelling out random things.

“What was the favor?” I asked Niall, properly sitting up without hitting Louis’ head. Niall yawned and rubbed his eyes.

“Do you mind going out and buying some food for me? A dessert from Starbucks, please?” he asked, looking up at me. I couldn’t help but say yes. He looked like a cute little leprechaun, the stuffed kind that you hung as a keychain that were so adorable.

“Of course, Nialler,” I said, getting up.

“I’ll go with you,” Louis offered, and I nodded. As I got up, I stared around at the people I called friends. Monica was trying to calm Harry down. I don’t blame him for panicking. If a bum that large hit me in the face I would freak out so much. Zayn was trying to pry Aleka off of Liana, who had fallen asleep again and used the Spanish girl as a teddy bear.

“I heard screaming!” Talia said, running down the stairs. She was wearing a pair of flannel shorts and Liam’s plaid button down shirt. I decided not to ask.

“It was just Liana, no need to worry,” Niall said, yawning again.

“What were you doing, missy?” Louis asked Talia, before she went back up the staircase. Way to make her feel embarrassed, Lou. Talia hadn’t been having a very good time these past few days since the interview. She had decided not to pursue her dream as a doctor and not go to medical school after all. It was tough on her parents, but I think they got over it. At least I hope they did.

Talia turned red in the face. “Nothing. I just got cold in a tank top and Liam gave me his shirt to wear,” she answered simply.

“Sure,” Louis said, squinting at her.

“Lou, leave her alone,” I whispered in his ear.

“Sorry, Tal. I believe you,” Louis said, just as Talia ran up the stairs.

“You made her cry, Louis!” I said, smacking his shoulder. “Liam’s going to be after you, now. We better go before he comes.”

“Oh, whoops!” he said, grabbing his coat off the coat hanger and pulling on a pair of white converse. I did the same, wearing the same shoes. We were both dressed in plaid pajama bottoms and Louis was wearing a grey baseball shirt, whilst I was wearing a grey, long sleeved V-neck.

The nearest Starbucks wasn’t too far away, about half a mile, so we walked, hand in hand. Very normal looking, seeing a boy from a British boy band and his girlfriend walking on the pavement, wearing pajamas at two in the morning. Hint the sarcasm there, please.