Chapter 44

The bright light that suddenly starts to radiate from the neat birch in the middle of the glade surprises me at first.

Emight's head lays heavily in my lap, as I gently pet the fur between his eyes. Although I'm forced to stop when the light gets too strong.

I turn my upper body away from it, just to see my own shadow in the bright light. Now when I look at the light it's almost slightly green.

An animalistic chuckle interrupt my confusion.

"I see you brought your soulmate with you. Quite the pity I'll have to take him away from you."

"What?" I manage to choke out, feeling how my guts turn, my heart break and tears prickling my eyes. All at the same time.

The animalistic voice start laughing again.

"Calm down Samantha. I was just kidding." the voice continue nonchalantly.

I feel Emight's fur between my fingers, calming me down slightly. Even though my pulse doesn't hit bottom quite yet.

"Well, I don't normally do this, but as I heal my little mistake, I seriously need to talk with you about that little destiny of yours."

It's like a physical lightbulb raises above my head.

It's Arí, in her own might form. Although I furrow my eyes in confusion when I think of it, not remembering any destiny being mentioned before.

As if Arí senses my mood, she continues.

"You didn't think I didn't have a plan for my were's, right? Of course I have everything planned out!" Arí exclaims, as if this is something I'm supposed to know. "For you too, for that matter."

"What's my destiny then?" I sigh, slightly frustrated that I can't look at Emight. At least I feel his think fur in between my fingers.

"Well..." the Goddess trails of, seemingly uncomfortable with the answer. "...that's the problem."

"What do you mean?" I ask, obviously not seeing Arí's problem. She's a Goddess, she's supposed to have complete control over this.

"Well, at first you were supposed to turn into a werewolf and Lucy get the title as Guardian, but I figured that wasn't a good idea."

I'm about to open to mouth to reply, but Arí seems eager to continue.

"Like, I know you. You want to have responsibility. You like having a lot on your plate. So I re-wrote you destiny."

I'm about to ask the question "to what?", but Arí's mouth reminds me all too much of Lucy's, never leaving me room to answer. Yet breathe herself.

"So I was like, why not crush her life and make you and Luke break up, since that what you seemed to want. As you may get that was before you where kidnapped and stuff."

I snort in some sort of reply, not even trying to butt in with opinion anymore. Emight quiet snores keeps my frustration at bay, calming me radically.

Will she even shut up or does she really need to explain every singe detail?

"And now, you are head over heals for him and I just-"

"Arí, I'm not head over heals in love with Luke. It's just a constantly growing crush." I state, as I can't help but to speak my opinion.

"As if girl." Arí sass me, her voice not even trembling.

I can't help but feel the blush raising to my cheeks. I'm not the one to be embarrassed easily, but getting caught suppressing feeling in front of a Goddess is some sick levels of embarrassment.

I somehow thought that Arí would be this really mature; grown-up woman who had a little more motherly figure. Now she resembles a whiny little sister more than anything.

"Anyway, I got really lost after this, as I couldn't make out what you wanted. I was even so desperate I considered Lucy's idea involving cows."

I feel how the corners of my mouth unintentionally twitch upwards, the memory of her ridiculous plan involving endless amounts of animals really amusing.

"So now I'm asking you, Samantha Garth, what do you want your destiny to be?"

------------
A/N:

*cries*

Last - *sobs* - chapter coming up. Yay...?

I... I'm in loss for words.

If you would like to read more from me, I'm going to begin to post on another book of mine; Puma. The extended blurb/ prologue is published and yeah. You should check it out. (It's waaaaaay better than this one will ever be.)

I'm going to edit this book before the summer. Let's be real - it needs a lot of editing. But I can barley scroll through a chapter and take away some spelling mistake atm so yeah. I'll wait a little.

Until the last chapter (18 votes biches)

//siggeisthedog