Chapter 12

And just like that it's over.

I feel the breeze increasing into a powerful wind around us, dancing with the leaves and the grass.

A itching feeling travels from my hands that's still holding Emight's paw and through my body. I know that's the shape.

I'm aware that the itching feeling will last awhile. That's how it usually goes.

I let go of Emight's paw and place it on the ground again. The wind around us disappears through the forest with a happy whistle through the branches of the oaks and birches.

I stand up and dust of myself. Emight gulps.

I crack an eyebrow at him.

''What?''

He looks away and his ears fall flat in his head like he's embarrassed of something. He awkwardly looks away.

This is a new reaction. Often animals get really hype and exited when I've gotten their form to shift into. But apparently not werewolves.

That's when something happens to Emight.

Something flashes before his eyes and he starts to growl as lower his head. It's like something has gotten over him.

''Stop it Luke!'' Emight yells as the dark brown wolf spins around in a circle, barking loudly.

''Oh! So you can take over and block me out whenever you want, but when I do it than it's not okay!?'' he growls, clearly pissed.

That's when I realise why the big, brown wolf in front of me is spinning around and jumping like a mad man. Or wolf. Or werewolf.

Emight and Luke are having an argument. Probably about Emight taking over and blocking Luke out while giving me his shape.

Really mature of them.

''No! We're not shifting just because you want to fully be in control! You're just being egoistic! Can't I suddenly decide what to do with myself?!''

It's under this moment I realise one of the great flaws with werewolves.

It's two souls in one body. It means that they constantly have to get along, or it will be impossible. But isn't that the beauty of it too?

I realise why Arí seems to regret putting two souls in one body. Sure, it's a cool experiment but wolves and humans have different needs and perspective of things and life.

Wolves are wilder, a little less concentrated on looks and more easy going. Humans though, they are more insecure about decisions. They seem to crave power, since they're insecure and don't want to show it.

I sigh before I raise my voice.

''Can you please stop it.''

Emight gives me a surprised look.

''Both of you.''

Emight flattens his ears to his head and look down at the ground, clearly embarrassed.

I roll my eyes at them. Sure I get that Luke doesn't want Emight to be in control, but I can totally see both sides.

And their argue is kind of dumb.

''Well we were jumping around in a circle...'' Emight trails of, probably responding to Luke's confusion.

I let out another sigh and cross my arms over my chest. I thought Luke wanted answers, but apparently not. Not that I'm complaining.

''You know what guys?'' I say, defeated.

Emight raises his gaze from the ground hesitantly, seemingly scared of what I have to say.

''I'm leaving.'' I say firmly and turn around.

Emight stays quiet and let me leave, which is good since really want to get going.

Sure, I might be owing Luke an explanation.

But I have a new shape to shift into.

-----------

A/N:

I'm sorry. Please don't kill me.

I've just been trying to overcome my laziness and write chapter 21...

Yeah. I'm that up ahead.

Anyway, I want your thoughts and opinions.

What do you think will happen?

What do you want to happen?

Answer the questions and I'll promise I'll post next chapter sooner than this one, kay?

//siggeisthedog