Chapter 13

''You did what?!''

I sigh. Lucy always tend to ask a question when I've told her something, even if I know she've got the statement perfectly clear the first time I said it. If she would be a human and not a wolf I would accuse her for bad hearing.

''Didn't you hear her Lucy? She freaking took a werewolf's shape! That's so cool!'' Maxie says as she barks excitedly.

We're currently in my living room, me spread out on one couch and Maxie and Lucy having one corner each on the other.

My mom and dad are away over the weekend so Lucy stopped by since we haven't talked with her since she met me before the meeting with Luke and Emight.

''Have you tried it yet?'' Lucy asks with a little hesitation. I can see it on her that she's curious.

''Yup.'' I answer and smile sadly at the memory. ''It hurt as hell.''

Like always.

''Can we go for a run so you can shift...?''

I nod, as I feel excitement getting the best of me. I didn't have the time to really try out the werewolf shape, since I had to get home. So to take a run and see the limits of it would be great.

''Yeah, I'll just go get out of my comfy clothes.'' I say as I gesture over my sweatpants and loosely fitting t-shirt.

''Okay. See you outside!'' Maxie and Lucy yells in unison as they race out the open back-door.

I smile and hurry up the stairs, excited to be able to shift into a werewolf again.

I just love the hole process of shifting and running around in the nature. Being one with the forest around me. I get a kick out of it. Even if it hurts sometimes.

When I've slipped on a pair of light wash jeans and a tank top, I hear the unmistakable sound of the doorbell.

I groan out loud before I head down the stairs and open the door with a fake smile on my lips.

As fast as the door opens, I really badly want to shut it in the face of Luke.

Not. Fricking. Now.

Instead of some rude remark or comment, I greet him as politely as possible under the current situation.

''Hello Luke.'' I sigh. You know what? Screw being polite, I might as well show him that I'm not thrilled to see him.

''Hey Samantha.'' he says, scratching the back of his neck.

He's clearly stressed out and insecure. I don't need to be a genius to figure that out.

I crack an eyebrow to make him continue.

"Are you home alone?" he asks defeated as he looks up at me. It's like he has given up.

I feel myself slightly backing of as his intense gaze meets mine. It's really pleading.

"Um, yeah. I am." I sigh again and open up the door so he can enter.

"Lucy, Maxie, I'm sorry. Mate problems." I yell for my friends to hear.

"Kay. We'll try it out later. Howl when you're ready!" Lucy yells back as I enter the living room with Luke on my tail.

I sit down in the sofa I sat in before and Luke sits down next to me, intentionally leaving a generous space between us.

"So, what's up?" I ask Luke. Today I feel like breaking the silence that always tend to build up when Luke is in charge for the conversation.

"Well, I... We-" Luke tries, fumbling with his words. His gaze flicker around the room and on anything and everything else than me.

I think he only gets this nervous when he's around me. It's like he allows himself to be vulnerable when he's around me.

Emight speaks up.

"We think that you hold in some answers for a few questions of out's. But we won't ask for them before we give you some of our answers."

I nod. Luke opens his mouth as to say something before he changes his mind and closes it.

"Well, I guess you knew it was me that was the big, brown wolf yesterday?" He says, chuckling slightly as he looks down at his lap.

"Yeah. I knew it was you." I confirm bluntly.

I find myself constantly craving to look into his eyes. I sit slightly turned to him with my knees up at my chest, angling my head to find his eyes.

"Then I kidnapped you because my father said that it was the way of doing it. I trusted him, which I now know I shouldn't have done. I'm really sorry." Luke continues, the word father not rolling out of his mouth in such a way you could have imagined.

He finally meets my gaze and I smile reassuringly at him.

"It's okay. If you really want to know the truth I actually enjoyed it."

He looks confused.

He looks really cute when he's confused.

Samantha, bring yourself together. Yes, you are destined to be together, but not right now.

"I guess it's my turn now." I say bitterly and turn my gaze away from him.

Luke sighs.

"Can you hear Emight?" He asks, cutting to the point.

I nod, and now it's my turn to unfold my knees and look down at my lap.

And just like that the tables are turned...

"Why can you hear Emight?" Luke ask, his voice serious.

I remain silent. I steal a glance out the window just to see small raindrops pouring down. Arí know that I can't say it and that she can't change that.

"Samantha?" Luke asks, his voice soft.

I take a deep breath and shake my head.

"It's a long story." I say quietly, not meeting Luke's gaze that I can feel is desperately searching for mine. Just like I did moments ago.

"I got time." Luke pushes, his voice not as soft anymore.

I shake my head again, still not looking at him.

Suddenly Luke knees down in front of me. It's a quick and soundless movement that take me a little by surprise at first.

"Samantha, look at me." Luke says. His voice is demanding, but still hinting at something soft.

I close my eyes as I take a deep breathe and meet his gaze. Those eyes holds so many emotions at the moment I'm not even able to count a few.

"I don't know why you aren't answering me, but you should know one thing. I know you aren't a werewolf but I'm also aware of that you aren't human. You wanna know a secret? I do not care. The Moon Goddess chose you as my mate, and I don't care what you are, just as long as you are my mate."

-----------------
A/N:

I'm a hopeless romantic. Just so you know what cheesiness that awaits you ;)

I'm leaving in a couple of days. Hopefully you won't notice, but maybe the updates won't be as often, and maybe a few at a time to make up for it.

Anyway, hope it didn't get all too cheesy there at the end.

But what ya gonna do 'bout it? 💁

//siggeisthedog