Chapter 28

I'm currently in a polite and light conversation with Luke, when a deep voice speaks behind me.

"So, you're my son's mate?"

I cringe slightly, but acknowledge the Alpha politely as I turn and face him. I blast on the best fake smile of them all, watching as the Middle-aged man's eyes skim me up and down. His eyes stay longer on my lips, legs and the collar of my shirt.

I discreetly grab Luke's hand, as I can feel how this aggravate Emight's possessiveness in an understandable way.

"That's me." I say, mastering a cheery tone.

The Alpha really doesn't look that similar to Luke. Maybe the hair colour which is a shade darker than Luke's, but that's basically it. While Luke's eyes are icy blue, the Alpha's are dully grey. And dull is a good word to describe him as well, actually. He seems so, lame. Lacking that magnetising aura of power around him, that a true leader should have.

I can't put my finger on what, but something's up with him.

"Did you enjoy your food?" The Alpha continues, tearing his gaze away from me to look out over the eating people.

I glance at my empty plate. The fish wasn't delicious or anything, but surely not poisonous.

"I liked it, thank you." I say politely. I still feel as if something's not surely right with the Alpha. It's hard do describe, but it's surely there.

The Alpha seems to loose interest in me, as he turns to look at the crowd again. As I realise that he don't want to keep a conversation, I return my attention to Luke, who's sending disapproving looks at his father.

"Alpha Peter, is it okey if my mate and I leave the table?" Luke asks, a hint of annoyance evident in his voice.

The Alpha apparently called Peter, dismiss us with a swift hand movement.

"Sure, as my son wish." he says almost creepily, before he turns and smiles at us. I feel a unpleasant shiver run through my body.

Luke stands up and I do too, not bothering for him to pull out my chair like he did when we sat down.

He doesn't look at me as I trail behind him, walking out of the huge room. I can feel the Alpha's eyes on me, still giving me an uncomfortable feeling.

I glance at Luke's back, noticing his tense aura. His shoulders are up, his hands slightly curled up into fists and his steps are long and fast.

"Yes, I agree. I felt it too you know-... Of course it's bothering me!"

Emight talks to Luke, probably trying to calm him down.

Luke heads straight for the door, not bothering to check if I'm still on his tail.

He storms out the door, before sighing and plopping down on the steps in front of the house.

He run his hands through his hair, clearly frustrated over something.

I quietly sit down beside him, having a inner discussion with myself.

Should I ignore his frustration or comfort him or...?

The nice side of me wins, as I drape an arm around his body, smoothly running my hand up and down his back.

A sigh escapes him, and he visibly relaxes.

"Care to tell what that was about?" I ask carefully, when Luke has calmed down further.

Luke looks out over the field before us, yet again sighing.

"Preferably not here." He mutters quietly, as his gaze wanders around the clearing before us.

I nod understandingly.

I'm tempted to ask why not here and in that case where, but keep my mouth shut. I didn't want to be forced into anything when I didn't tell him all the answers, so why should I put him through something alike?

"T, can you cover for us? We're just going to take a walk." Emight yells, probably to someone nicknamed that way.

"Sure thing guys!" another wolf yells back.

With that answer Luke stands up, offering me a hand.

"A walk in the woods?"

His tired voice and defeated expression makes it impossible for me to decline.

-------------------
A/N:

So. I really want an honest opinion here.

What do you think will happen? Why?

Let's get some conspiracy theories going!

And I won't update until I get some comments on the subject *pouts and turn away stubbornly*

//siggeisthedog