Chapter 16

In five to ten minutes all the bears of the forest are lined up in the woods close to the Pack House. No werewolves have seen us, since they just run on their own trails and paths. They ignore the forest in between, that's at least what Lucy have told me.

I'm in bear-from too. Pacing back and forth in front of them, I've just presented my plan. It's not complicated, but it involves a lot of animals at the same place in a short amount of time.

The bears are of both the genders, the males slightly bigger than the females. Normally they wouldn't be this close to eachother without grumping of even starting a fight, but they know how important this is. So they stand still, listening to my every word..

"Let's go."

Without further ado, the bears with me in the lead, cover the few yards to the edge of the glade.

Their paws leave a thundering sound all around the forest, the noise echoing around even if we now stand still.

A lot of the werewolves have stopped with whatever they are doing. The kids that once played are now getting ushered either behind their mothers or inside the house. The few men that actually are outside stand still, their gazes locked at us.

The men's wolf-souls go crazy, yelling at their Alpha for advice. I think someone mentions Luke in the desperate calls, but I don't acknowledge it.

My mind is only focused on one thing, and it has pushed all other things aside.

I growl warningly, my eyes locked at the men that looks like they are frozen on the spot.

"You know very well what we want. Give it to us or it will have consciences." I tell the wolf-souls before me, as I hold my head high. Some bears roar behind me, really putting emphasis on it all.

A few of the werewolves yells stuff to eachother, only a few making the connection between the possible attack and the kidnapping of Lucy.

Suddenly someone storms out of the building. It's a middle aged man, but it's not him I'm looking at.

I look at Luke who stands closely behind him.

I immediately assume that the man in front of Luke is the Alpha of the werewolf pack. In other words Luke's father.

Another growl makes its way out of my throat.

Slowly but surely the Alpha makes his way down the steps of the house and in our direction. It feels as if the hole field holds their breaths. No one moves, no one tries to attack.

Luke still stands above the few steps outside the house, watching the bears with awe. I can't really make out anything else, since he's a bit far away.

The Alpha pass the last one of his pack members, and I too start to walk. The other bears stands politely and wait, while the humans tense.

The Alpha seems a little taken aback of that I started moving, but he doesn't let that affect his appearance.

"I'm ready when you are." his wolf says shortly, answering to something the Alpha says.

I don't pretend like I hear him.

I roar loudly, and to my happiness a few of the werewolves's eyes widen. But not the Alpha's.

When we're standing with a few meters apart, I stop.

He takes one more step, trying to prove that he isn't afraid of me. Probably more to himself than me.

"What do you want?" he ask through gritted teeth. He stands tall, arms hanging beside him numbly, holding his head high. He's trying to prove his rang, trying to shove it in my face that he's powerful.

I raise an eyebrow at him, which is a really human thing to do and probably looks kind of suspicious when a bear does it. What does he think I want?

"You want the wolf don't you?" he asks again, still through gritted teeth.

I nod and let out another growl. That took him longer than needed.

A sly smile appears on him features.

"Well, then go get her. She's all yours." his sly smile still intact.

"Attack her when she gets closer to the house." the wolf informs, and some if the werewolves at the field gulp, while other get something in their eyes, as if someone flicked a switch in their minds; the battle switch.

I smirk.

I think my crocked bear smile startles the Alpha, since he, again, looks a little taken aback.

I slowly back away, still facing him with the smile playing.

"Go."

The bears behind me doesn't need another command. They launch themselves forward, roars echoing from their throats.

From the sides, the wolf pack streams out from the edge of the forest, all of them heading for the house with their teeth showing.

The Alpha shifts into his grey wolf, his eyes meeting mine.

Without breaking eyecontact, I shift into my wolf-form and speed of. He doesn't realise what happened before I've ran in between his legs, the distance to the building and up the steps of the house.

Luke has left the entrance of the building, probably helping his pack in the fight that didn't have to go down. But his father made a mistake. Judged the situation mindlessly, if you will.

As I run into the house, the other wolves are all over the place.

The few werewolves in human-form that are inside are all conered by some of the wolves, while the rest of them search through the hole house.

I let my gaze enter the soul-replica, before I head up the stairs. I feel Myie who are hot on my tail.

I can see Lucy's yellow soul glow higher up in the house. But I don't feel the wave of relif that I should feel.

Why?

Since it's an orange soul standing next to what I suspect are Lucy's soul. Most likely in the same room.

I feel how the paws under me almost become a blur as I hurry up the last steps of the stairs, my heartbeat louder than any other sound, blocking them out of my mind.

--------
A/N:

Heard somewhere that you guys likes cliffhangers... I'm probably wrong, right?

Yeah.... Please don't kill me?

(Side note: I'm not completely and utterly evil. As long as Lucy's soul still "glow" for Sam when she's in her soul-replica, she isn't dead. Just saying.)

By the way, if you want more of my weird A/N's, you should check out "Who know?" #ShamelessSelfPromotion

Until next wi-if...

//siggesisthedog