Chapter 3*

Lucy sighs deeply.

We're in the forest, next to the lake where the majority of the animals drink. Some of the other wolves from Lucy's pack are with us, along with Maxie.

They are drinking and some of the pups in the group are playing. But most of them are just laying in the grass, taking a little nap.

Me and Lucy are mind-linking, due to that at least I don't want anyone else to hear.

"So, you're saying, that Arí told you to speak to me?" Lucy questions, again.

"Yes, yes I am Lucy!"

I sigh mentally.

"You know, we wolves aren't allowed to tell this to anyone, or anything..." Lucy says, a little unsure. She eyes me with a feeling of unease.

"Lucy, firstly; Arí, your Goddess told me that you've got all the answers. Secondly; I'm confused. I don't know what to do. Please Lucy! I need to know."

I'm just telling the truth. I am confused, and if I don't lie? I'm a little scared to.

Why? Because I have absolutely no idea what I'm dealing with.

The only thing I know for sure is the fact that that guy had an orange soul and Arí seemed ashamed of him, in some way.

It seemed as if that guy was talking to the wolf, but I don't know what or why or... I don't know anything really. For once in my life I actually feel powerless.

Lucy sighs again, but it's a 'I surrender' kind of sigh, which is good... I guess.

"You know, when they created the Guardians, Mecey and Arí? The fight and all that? Let's just say that they screwed up."

I look questioningly at Lucy, as she sits before me, gazing out over the lake.

"After they made the Guardian, they created another creature." Lucy sighs, turning her gaze to me, "This creature was more of... an experiment, to see if humans and animals could collaborate."

I listen carefully, not wanting to miss any important detail.

"They are two souled." Lucy says, in all seriousness.

"One human and one wolf soul share the same mind and body. But, the wolves are much bigger then normal wolves, and the human can shift to them. A little like you." Lucy continues.

"The two souls talk which each other, through something they call mind-link, but it's just the wolf talking, and no one else than the human in the same body can understand. I don't know why really, but we can hear them too. We wolves that is. I don't think they can hear us though, even if the wolf is in command. But I don't know if they do.''

"Their wolves can talk to each other, and they don't think anyone else can hear. But we hear them.'' Lucy says. She seems a little more exited than before, as she doesn't speak as monotone.

I'm left speechless. That's a lot of stuff to keep in mind.

"Is it anything else that I need to know about these two souled?" I ask, a little scared of what the answer may be.

"Um..." Lucy thinks deeply for a brief moment. "Oh! The humans call them werewolves, and so that they would have something to do under this experiment, Arí created something she called 'mates'"

Mate.

He said that, didn't he?

"It's like a soul-friend thing, their other half." Lucy says, like it's no big deal, because it isn't, right?