can you stand the rain

April 1986" I don't want you to leave" mike says sighing sitting in your bed as you pack your stuff

April 1986
" I don't want you to leave" mike says sighing sitting in your bed as you pack your stuff. "Mike I'll be gone 3 days you'll be good" "but I'm gonna miss you" "I know imma miss you too." You say as you wrap your arms around him.

He kisses you passionately as you try to pull away but he won't let you go. He grips your waist tighter as he tries to catch your lips. "Baby I'm gonna miss my flight you I'll make it up to you" you say laughing "you always say that but your a tease." Mike says "I know" you say grabbing your bags as you hear the limo honk the horn:

"Im gonna say bye to the fellas" you say "alright I'll take the bags to the limo" mike says. "Awww your so sweet" you say as you kiss him and run upstairs. You walk in to the boys room as they all looking at a playboy magazine. "Damn guys" you say. They laugh. "Yo you leavin?" Ronnie asks "Yea" "alright see you" Ronnie says as he kisses your neck and you shove his head back. "Woa we ain't never do that don't be doin that" you say "we used too" ron says. "Boy you got a girlfriend calm down for once" as Ronnie shrugs laughing as you hug Ralph and Ricky bye. You go back downstairs and mike was by the door waiting for you.

You jump in his arms as he kissed you. You pull away "Damn why are you so gorgeous baby your so hot I can't with you" mike says biting his lip. "Bye baby" you say touching his hand and leave.
Your flying to do a performance for soul train and American bandstand and an interview.

The next day

Your wearing a new custom tracksuit a hat to the side as you wrap up your performance. You smile and bow as you head off stage skipping to your dressing room to pack up. You knew mike probably made all the boys sit down and watch you on soul train. You look at the clock it's late 6:30 and at 7 you call mike.

You walk out with your bag as paparazzi was going crazy taking pictures of you. By the day you got bigger and bigger. You could barely see as you were walking to your car. You get in the car and your still blinded by flashing lights as you get on the street paparazzi in cars still follow you.

You were getting worried as you were blinded by flashing lights while driving. Then a speeding car came down the street and crashed into your car. You immediately blacked out.

Mikes pov 6:47 pm

"Damn shes so talented I cant wait till she's back" I say smiling. "Mike that performance was just 10 minutes ago and this is the 3rd time you watched it" "hell yea and I'll watch it again" I say rewinding the tape.

All the boys had girls over and were playing cards. Made me miss mine. I just know when she's home I won't be able to get my hands off of her.

You then hear the phone ring. "Mike go get it" Ricky says as a girl was wrapped around him. "Whatever" you go and pick up the phone "yo who this?" "Is this Michael bivins?" "Uhm Yea" "Michael what's your relationship with y/n?" You smiled just hearing her name. "She's my girl. That's my gorgeous girlfriend" "mr. bivins y/n got in a really bad car accident. She's in coma right now. We don't know her chances of her living." You heart sunk you fell on the floor emotionless.

The whole world was spinning. "Hello? Michael?" You heard the phone say. You then heard the tv news broadcast. "Superstar y/n in a coma after a major car crash." thats when you heard running upstairs.

I'm still in the floor in shock. Ronnie runs into the room following ricky and Ralph. Ralph and Ricky grab our bags and quickly start packing for all of us "Yo I'm mikes friend we're really close with y/n can we have the hospital address. " you hear Ronnie say. Tears are streaming down my cheeks . Showing no emotion with a blank face. That's when I blacked out as everything truly hit you.

You woke up laying in Ralph's lap as he was fanning you and looking out the window. "Damn man I had this crazy dream y/n was ina coma and she was on the line of life and death" I say sitting up and fixing myself. You then pulled up to an airport. "Wait where we goin?" I say confused. "We're going to make sure your girlfriend who got in a crash and is on life and death is ok" Ricky says sadly. That's when you felt emotionaless again. Everything went black and white. I saw no color. All I wanted to do was sit and cry. "Yo man she's gonna be ok she's strong she ain't weak and you know it. She's gonna be okay. Trust me man it's not her time to go" Ralph says. I nod as I slowly get out of the car and board the plane.

Mikes pov 8:50

"Take mike to the hospital and we will go check in at y/ns hotel and meet you over there." Ronnie says and Ralph nods as we take a cab to the hospital. We walk in and walk to the front desk.

"Can I help you?" The nurse says "we need to see y/n" I say she looks up "what's your relationship with her?" "I'm her boyfriend and this is a really close friend of her." "Look if you don't have proof we can't let you in you guys could be fans" she says in a sassy tone. You take out your wallet. You had picture with y/n in your wallet and a group picture with y/n.

"Excuse me I know damn well you didn't call us her fans we grew up together. I'm Michael bivins and hes Ralph tresvant. Members of new edition. Now I would appreciate it if you told me where my girl is I'm worried sick about her" I say sternly.

I show her the pictures. "I'm sorry sir I didn't know 7th room on the left." "Mhm and you better be letting Ronnie Devoe and Ricky Bell in too," you say putting the photos back in your wallet. You walk to her room and Ralph was there too hesitant to walk in too. You open the door and sighed.

There was my girl. Laying in front of my eyes in so much pain. You walk up to her bed and gently touch her arm. It was basically purple from the amount of bruises she had. She has cuts on her neck and scratches on her forehead and a busted lip. Yet she still looked gorgeous.

"Y/n? Yo it's mike baby." I say softly and no response. "Y/n please don't leave me please don't." I say holding her hand and crying. " Ricky and ronnie then come into the room followed by a nurse. "She fractured her leg, and parts of her back. She's obviously cut up and bruised badly.
The way she broke her legs I don't know if she could ever dance again if she woke up." The nurse says and you sigh "how long till she is out of the coma?" I ask. "She's under extreme treatment we don't know but anything over a 10 months theres nothing more we can do so we just have to let her pass." The nurse says.

I nod looking down holding her hand. The nurse then steps out. "What am I gonna do? I'm scared. I'm so so scared" I say crying. All the boys look down . "Look I'm sorry guys I don't mean to cry." You say as they all lift there head up as they are all trying to hold in and hide there tears and Ricky hugs you and so does everyone else.

There are times where we all act tough. Where we all act cool and street and hood. There was also times where we would all just cry and this was one of those times.

3:00am in the hotel

I layed in bed staring at the ceiling of the hotel room. I knew she was gonna make it but there was parts of me that just wanted to worry. I failed to protect her and be there for her. That's what hurts the most.