popcorn love

February 1986

"Alright start singing whenever you ready" your record producer says. You sing/rap your song that's gonna be on your next album.

"Wait can I get some water my vocal cords are dry" you ask. "Sure!" They say as you get out of the studio. New edition is recording in there own studio. It's a small building with 3 studios. As you go in the hallway you hear them talking.

"Nah you see when I asked her out I was chill with it and when she said no I convinced her and she said yes." You hear Ronnie say. You and Ronnie are good friends sometimes you feel that he still has feelings but you can tell he's trying to get over you.  "No do something sweet like flowers-" Ralph was cut off by Ronnie "no he can't do flowers I did flowers" "so your just gonna tell her you like her?" Ricky asks confused. "Man I've told her I liked her so so many times already I just never told her seriously." Mike says "maybe she likes Bobby when he comes to visit they always sneak out late." Ricky says "She likes Bobby but not like that they just like to screw around" Ralph says "how you know?" Ronnie asks "she told me duh" "look man you cant do a dinner because that's what I did and you can't do dancing because that's her and Bobby's thing." Ronnie says "but remember you guys were friends for the longest." "Yea your right." You hear mike say "Now we need to work on our next album." Ralph says and you hear them get back to work .

7:00pm

Ralph comes in with his hair products. "This girl wants me to take her out I'm to lazy to do my hair."Ralph says. "Alright alright". You start wetting his hair. "Who is she?" "Some groupie from a show she pretty but not my type I just need to go on one date with her and I'm done" Ralph says as you laugh. "So how's you playing with boys hearts goin?" He asks "nah cus i don't even do all that" you say "sure" he says with a smile

You add his products and and finish with gel. "Alright your done mr. Tresvant" "thank you y/n!" "No problem I'll see ya". Ralph gets up "bye" he says as he kisses you on the cheek and you accidentally turned your head and kissed him.

He kissed you since he had the chance. You kissed him back because why not. He slipped tongue in. Damn Ralph can sing but he has no clue how to kiss. You pull away. "Nahh that shi don't feel right" you say laughing "Thinking the same damn thing " he says leaving smiling. There was never gonna be something sexual between you two .

30 minutes later Your cleaning your room and then 10 minutes later mike comes in your room. "Hey y/n" Mike says as he walks in your room. By the way he was standing you could tell he was tense. "Yo what's goin on mike?" "Nothing I'm bored do you want to go to a drive in movie?" Mike asks as he sits in your bed.

"Obviously" you say as you start doing your hair "give me like 20 minutes to get ready." "Why 20 minutes? You already look soooo good" mike says admiring you. You laugh softly "whatever mike 20 minutes I'll be out there" you say and mike leaves the room. Your so happy. You wanted to go out with mike. You play music on your record player as you wear a pair of your new baby pink with baby blue gem tracksuit bottoms and a white sweatshirt since it's cold. You wear basic makeup a shimmery eyeshadow and lipgloss and do your hair.

After 20 minutes you grab your purse and walk out of your room. Mike immediately smiles as he sees you. Ricky whispers something to mike as he nods. "Lets go" as mike was getting off the couch the door slammed open. "WHERES MY BOYFRIEND?" Belle says. She was wearing sweatpants her hair was messy.

You all roll your eyes. you say something. "Why you be comin all up in my crib uninvited and start yelling" you say "I'm just tryna find my mans he not answering the phone." She says. Ronnie was at the club. We all knew because he said bye to us.

"I think he is shopping with Ralph gee I guess you have to leave now." You say and mike puts his arm over your shoulder "WHATEVER" she says and runs off and you all laugh. "We all know Ronnie is on his 3rd girl by now" Ricky says laughing.

"Rick you gonna be good here by yourself"  mike asks "Yea and don't come home to early I got this finneeee girl coming over" he says biting his lips and mike just rolls his eyes and walks out with you.

He opens the car door as he drives to the drive in movie. "You hungry?" "Mm nah I'll be good"you say as mike gets a blanket from the back seat as he cuddle you as the movie plays. You felt so happy and comfortable around mike. You really really liked him. You never thought you would catch feelings for him but the way he treated you and talked about you. You really caught feels.

You saw out of the corner of your eyes mike was playing with his hands as got tense and shifted uncomfortably. "You okay mi-" "I like you" he blurted out looking in my eyes  "what?" I ask "y/n I've liked you forever. Honestly 8 years I've had a crush on you. I cant take it no more. I really like you. It's not even like a small little crush that imma get over I like you so much. I really hope you like me too because damn y/n I have such a huge crush on you" he says nervously

you smile blushing looking down and nod your head "I like you too biv" I say and he literally got so happy eyes lit up and everything. "So I wanted to ask you if you would uhm be my girlfriend?" He asks looking at you biting his lip nervously and you look down sad. "Y/n?" "I just don't wanna get hurt again like last time I was in a relationship." "Y/n that's Ronnie let me show you how Michael bivins can treat you please. I truly like you and I would never ever hurt you I promise." "Mike-" "please y/n I just can't let you go. I cant please let's just give us a shot please. Please be my girl." He says pleadingly and you knew he truly meant it.

"As long as you promise your not tryna date me just so you can around saying to dating me for fame" I say "y/n I liked you since we were little kids before all of this. I want you for you. I promise. I'll take it slow with you because I'll treat you way better than your ex I'll treat you real good" he says and I smile

"Sure mike i do wanna be your girl" you say smiling.
"Really?" Mike says smiling and you nod smiling. He laughs from how happy he is as he kisses you.

You were so ready to be in a relationship. You only wanted affection from one person and that was mike. He was so happy you could tell and so were you. You break the kiss as you softly smile and stare at him. "Ugh your so beautiful I can never ever stop looking at you." Mike says looking in your eyes. You laugh as you softly kiss his neck. Mike kissed you again softly as he puts his hand on your cheek he pulls away nervously

"you mind if I touch you..? Like not in a weird way I just don't wanna make you feel uncomfortable" mike asks and I smile looking out the window? "What? I didn't wanna make you feel weird" he says laughing "that was literally so sweet of you to ask Biv ain't nobody ever ask me that" I say "it's cool tho just not to far" you say and he nods smiling excitedly biting his lip. This time when he kisses you he grabbed your cheek then moved his hand down to your waist as he put his hands under your shirt to grip your waist.

You then pull away smiling as you lay into him. "Cmon baby lets go kick it at home" mike says as he blasts his music and opens the window as he's smiling. He pulls up to a small restaurant so he can get a milkshake since there his favorite. You tell him you want a strawberry milkshake. Once you pull up to the apartment you hear Ricky, Ralph and Ronnie laughing. When mike opens the apartment door mike winks at the fellas as they all get hype and jump on mike. You roll your eyes smiling .

12:30 am

Mike comes in your room in a white tank top and navy blue sweatpants and a magazine as you were brushing your hair from your shower. Mike gets all comfortable in bed. "Whatchu reading" "do's and donts of winning y/ns heart" mike says reading. "That magazine came out already I just did the interview?" "They work fast" mike says still reading.

"Why you reading that you already won it." "I'm still your number one fan y/n" mike says as he sits the magizine down and cuddles you. Mike kisses your cheek all the way to your lips. "Goodnight gorgeous" "goodnight baby" you say as you fall asleep. This was night you will never ever forget
[please vote comment I love feedback!! Hope you enjoying so far 🤍]