40. Aine Maeve

"Wait! Please wait..." Shouted one girl.

Vlad stoped and looked back, his face painted with confusion.

"This... y-you see, I-I want to thank you for what you did there. Because of you, Rina and I did not receive any injury. R-right now, we have nothing to give you as an apology but no worries, we will certainly repay you...." The girl muttered nervously.

Vlad listened to her and replied, "There is truly no need for any thanks. I just happened to be there. We probably won't meet again. But miss...if I may say something, you should cover up your face. More specifically, hair and eyes. It's easy to see that you are a witch and someone from a prominent family."

The girl who was called Rina suddenly stood in front of the witch and looks at Vlad vigilantly. Her stance was full of protectiveness and warning.

"There's no need for such reaction. I was merely giving you guys an advice. Although, I'm sure you know already?"

"What's your motive?"

"I have no motives. Please do believe me. If I have any motives, I would've done something already."

The witch behind Rina moved and peeks at Vlad before steeping out.

"My name is Lucy Dementia. Just as you've guessed, I am witch and someone born of a somewhat well known family. However, I am not a person of high ranking. Just simply an illegitimate child." Lucy introduced.

Vlad looks at her thoughtfully.

"I-I will remember what you did today. May I know your name?"

Tilting his head slightly, Vlad pondered. Right... what should his name be?

Seeing that the man wasn't replying, the witch began to bite on her lips uneasily. She thought that the man wouldn't reveal his name.

"Aine. My name is Aine Maeve."

The girl widened her eyes and smiled cheerfully. "So it's master Aine."

Vlad nodded. "That's all then?"

"This...is for you. This is for the next time that we'll meet." Lucy handed Vlad a jade pendant and bowed her head slightly.

Taking the pendant, Vlad said his goodbyes. "This place is safe. I've put an enchantment that will not allow anyone to enter. No one will know this place exists for the short while this enchantment is here. Feel free to stay for a bit. Then, till we meet again."

The two girls watched as the man in front of them disappeared.

"Why did you allow him to take that pendant?" Rina looks at Lucy with a frown.

"Because without him, we wouldn't be alive right now."

A long sigh was heard as the black haired girl disagreed. "Even so, that pendant is precious. He is a stranger! We don't know if he's an enemy..."

"Rin... that man is strong. He may be an enemy, he may not. If he's an enemy, then that would be that. However, if he is a friend, then we made an acquaintance with a powerful man. He saved us. You and I, that's a fact. I don't have the time. I can't stay with you forever. Being by my side, you gained many enemies. You don't have many friends, let alone allies."

"I don't need friend or allies. I need you. As long as I have you, I don't need anything..." Rina whispered.

Lucy smiled sadly and hugged her companion. "That man is trustworthy. When I'm gone, find him. That's why, remember his name."

"You won't be gone! I'm here, so you won't be gone..."

"En. You're here, and I won't be gone. But promise me?" Lucy begged.

".......okay."

—————
Lucy Dementia

—————Lucy Dementia

Rina/Rin