36. Transformation

In the chamber, eyes with blood coloured iris opened. The first thing the eyes saw was a ceiling, a dark ceiling with lights illuminated from the water.

Vlad looked around seemingly confused. He was talking to Eanred... then what happened? He talked to Eanred, then he found himself inside of a mysterious place and saw a girl... And then what?

Before Vlad can sort out his thoughts, a voice came from behind him and asked, "Did you have a good dream?"

Vlad widened his eyes as he whispered something under his breath. "Aron Maeve..."

"Oh, it's the name you were whispering before. Tell me, Vlad. Who is that?" The spirit smiled mysteriously.

Vlad turned around and looks at the girl silently. He opened his mouth, but no words came out. Vlad looked down and looked up again. He once again began to open his mouth, "I— me— this—what—why?"

Looking at the flustered boy in front of him, the spirit chuckled. "Congratulations, you have overcome your shadows."

[ My shadows?] Vlad thought.

As if she knew what Vlad was thinking, the spirit began to explain. "The dream that you had, it was the illusion created by the chamber— by me, for you. Your magic was blocked due certain reasons, not to mention you were drugged by an extremely toxic poison. What can I say? It was the only way to save you, even if it meant killing you. If you were going to die anyway, might as well die while trying, right?"

Vlad frowned, disturbed by her calm and steady voice. "That's not what I wanted to know. Why is my body like this? What poison? How does this whole thing work? Before all that, shouldn't I at least know your name?"

The spirit sighed. "Hmmm. Should I tell you? Or should I not? Let me see...well, I guess it's fine. My name is—no. Wrong words. I meant to say, I was called Lynexia. You can call me Lyn."

"I see." Acknowledged Vlad.

"Let's start answering with your first question. Why your body is the way it is now." Lynexia smiled as she looked at the young man in front of her.

Currently, Vlad no longer looks like a child but instead, a young man who seems to be around 18 years old of age. His silver hair was long enough to touch ground and his voice have considerably deepened.

"Long story short, your small body could not handle the overflowing magic that you've acquired and thus, forcing your body to grow in order take the magic in. Do you understand?"