30. The Kingdom of Eztli

"Is this how the witches came to be?" Vlad pondered.

"That is nothing but a myth. It happened too long ago to know. Those beings from then were eradicated by the war." Eanred explain.

"There's really no information about the beginning of these races?" Asked Vlad as he looked through the books.

Eanred shook his head. "Unfortunately not."

Vlad and Eanred were currently in the tower. As far as they could see, books were all around them with shelves as high as the sky. There were no lamps or lanterns, but the place was extremely bright due to the magic. This part of the tower was extremely enormous; it was the library that stored almost every book possible.

Vlad walked around as he looked at the books. No matter how many times he came here, he really couldn't get used to it. It was basically a maze!

"What of the celebration the king said?" Vlad questioned.

Eanred smiled lightly. His eyes curved as he spoke, "The king specifically told me to not tell you. This includes all the servants."

Vlad's eyebrow drew together, his lips slightly pouting. "When will the meeting begin? Where will they all gather?"

"The meeting between leaders will be held tomorrow in the lands of the vampires." Eanred replies.

Vlad made a sound of acknowledgement before thoughts clouded on his mind. From what he knew so far, the land of the vampires is also known as Eztli. The current ruler of this kingdom is Erylis Constantia, one of the few pure bloods remaining. Rumors said that she was a great beauty with hair like the golden sun. However, from the game in his previous life, it is said that she is nothing more than a ruler in name. The true ruler was a man named Wren Esther; one of the five lords of Eztli. Currently, it is only known by few beings.

Vlad wondered. If this meeting was only for the rulers of the races, then who would go? Will it be Erylis, the ruler that is known by every being, or Wren, the true ruler. This situation is quite hard to understand. Even if the current ruler is only a ruler in name, wouldn't she need to be strong? Or else, how did she get the respect of her people? But if she is that strong, why agree to being a ruler only in name? There are too many possibilities.

Vlad sighed. The game didn't go deep into the affairs of the vampires. The only reason the game indulged into some information regarding the rulers was because of Vanity Lupe. She was one of the targets of the protagonist as well as one of the five lords. Before his death, Vlad was never able to know or see who Wren Esther was. The game didn't even describe his appearance, it was truly a pity.

------
Erylis Constantia

------Erylis Constantia