8. Extremely Cute

Over the past months, Vlad had learned that the 7 races were Demons, Humans, Fairies, Elves, Merfolks,Beastman, and Witches. Of course, he had known most of the races because of the game, but he didn't know specific details. He felt that these beings certainly have quite the history.

During his study, he read lots of books. Some were about the origins, and some were about events that happened. He had also read many interesting stories, one that he remembered quite well. A woman that had created witches.

The King looked at Vlad, with narrowed eyes he asked, "What or who are you thinking about?"

Turning his head, Vlad looked at the man and answered, "Lilia Evener."

Hearing the name, the King grinned causing Vlad to shiver as he stopped in his tracks.

"What's wrong?" He asked with his gaze on the King.

"Lilia Evener....the woman who started the witch race. Why.Are.You.Interested.In.Her?" The King questioned Vlad slowly through his gritted teeth.

"There was no need to know about her." He continued.

Subconsciously, Vlad took a step back. Noticing this, the King frowned and took a step forward. One took a step back and one took a step forward. This continued on until Vlad could not go anymore.

With the wall behind him, Vlad was now trapped between the King and the wall. He saw the King coming closer towards him with each step.

When the King finally reached, Vlad had to look up to see the King. As for the King, he had to look down. Through his eyes, he saw the King raised up his hands. He right away closed his eyes thinking he would be hit. However, the pain that he expected never came.

Vlad felt strong arms full of power encircled his waist and bottom. With his eyes opened, Vlad looked at the King in daze. His expression extremely pure and unsullied.

The King looked at Vlad with a smile. "You look like a stupid cat."

Hearing this, Vlad felt very offended but did nothing refute. In his last life, he had heard more obnoxious things said about himself. Vlad only brushed it off.

When the King looked at his expression, he felt something was amiss. "What's wrong? Are you unhappy being called a stupid cat?....though kitten would suit you better. After all, you are currently only nothing but a baby."

"Who's a baby!" Vlad frowned.

The King only shrugged in respond. "I think I'll call you little kitten from now on. Your temper is just like a cat, very arrogant and full of pride."

"Hnn..." Vlad groaned in respond.

"—but extremely cute."

Vlad looked at the King, his mind very confused. One second he calls him a stupid cat, the next, an arrogant, prideful, cute kitten. Which part of himself is cute?!

Poor Vlad, he will never know how cute his expression of confusion in the eyes of the King....